• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Well, the S&W .380 Bodyguard has performed very well for me. The SIG P238 is highly regarded, but more expensive. Many people also carry the Kel-Tec P3AT or the Ruger LCP.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Like rockhopper said, if you are willing to spend the money then i would say the Sigp238 is the best .380 IMHO. The S&W bodyguard is also a very nice compact gun for a lot less money but i would stay away from the LCP just because in my experience with that gun, i'd be better off throwing it at someone.

MMRUSH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Keep in mind a 380 will not stop someone jacked up on drugs. And in todays world if you injure them they will sue you.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Keep in mind a 380 will not stop someone jacked up on drugs. And in todays world if you injure them they will sue you.

Good chance no caliber will until the injuries from the wound take their course. This goes for someone jacked up on adrenaline too.

Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    An underrated 380 that has a decent price tag is the Bersa thunder 380. Great guns for the price good customer service and small enough to conceal and comfortable for all day range use. Got one and love the Bersa line of firearms.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Love the way my Walther PK380 fits in my hand and shoots....

And another :rockwoot: to my Bersa Thunder 380 which is surprisingly nice quality.
    Doesn't seem as accurate as others beyond 7 yards,
    but would be a good sub compact pistol to carry for close quarters defense.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Not really inexpensive, but I'm kind of leaning towards the Walther PPK/S with the factory engraving. Beautiful little pistol, and I would expect reliability from a walther design. Anybody have experience with these?
    Thanks,
    Jim

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Bersa

Bersa without a doubt. I have had mine for five years, with not one problem after hundreds and hundreds of rounds.
    Great trigger, accurate and very inexpensive.
    By the way, put some Corbon DPX ammo in one, learn how to use it, and you won't have to worry about your personal safety.
    Customer service is rated as very good, if you would ever need them.

CharlesGoodnight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Beretta 84/85 .380 is the one I own. Also referred to as the "Cheetah". They may be a bit more expensive, but the gun is High Quality and very Accurate. Retails new for ~ $600, but you can find quality used ones for $300-$400. Great Gun and it is a Beretta!

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Another vote for the Bersa Thunder 380. I thought the LCP was too small to easily handle.

^^^ THIS.

Bodyguard 380 is a great functioning piece - just ignore the laser (hard to reliably engage during draw, quits working after a shot or two!) and the WEIRDEST trigger ever - SUPER heavy at the start then falls away to lesser force, never experienced one that way before... But accurate and real sights, and just big enough to operate like a real gun.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Pointless to ask such an open-ended question like that. You really need to define your parameters further.

You want a pocket .380 like the LCP/TCP/P3AT/Bodyguard?

Or do you want a more full framed .380 like the Bersa Thunder/Sig P232/PK380/LC380 that is easier to shoot but not necessarily a pocket gun?

The Sig P238 is kinda in a class of its own. Pricewise too.

Otherwise you're comparing apples to oranges.

Top Bottom