• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    I am new to long rifles don't know too much about the quality of the different brands Rem, Savage ets. If you were to buy one what one would you guys buy. I want one that will hit the target at 300 yrds. and stay reliable for several shots. I will put a good scope on the rifle I would like to stay in the 500 to 700 dollar range for the rifle. I do mostly hand guns and have one Windham AR. so as you can see I need some help. This needs to be chambered in the 308.

Thanks

Sonney

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Howa 1500
    Savage
    Remington 700
    Thompson Center Venture

These are just a few that come to mind.

BTW- Any decent quality .bolt gun in .308 Winchestershould do 300 yards without even thinking about it. 600+ yards are easily possible with a good quality .308.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Savage 10FP. I haven't priced them in a few years but you can get the 10FP in the standard, McMillon, or Choat (I think) stock. The standard stock leaves something to be desired but they can be made very reliable. Check Savage Shooters - Home for all the tricks to get every bit of accuracy out of it, bedding, strengthening the forearm to remove any flex,you name it it's there.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Ive got a Howa .243 and picked it up for less than what people are selling Savages for, and its smoother. Plus, aftermarket is starting to pick up for it. Ive got a lot of work into mine, but itll dot "i"s all the way to 300, so Im anxious to try further.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    Savage 10FP. I haven't priced them in a few years but you can get the 10FP in the standard, McMillon, or Choat (I think) stock. The standard stock leaves something to be desired but they can be made very reliable. Check Savage Shooters - Home for all the tricks to get every bit of accuracy out of it, bedding, strengthening the forearm to remove any flex,you name it it's there.

What he said! :yesway:

Top Bottom