• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    You sir are the reason this thread needs to be gone. And ill quote who or whatever i want mr internet uber awesome tough guy. Ok im done merry christmas have safe holidays folks.

I would tell you the same thing if you were beside me. If I wanted to hear bible verses I would go to church or visit a religious forum. Religianity is verboten per the sites TOU.

I am an internet tough guy. I'm a smartass in person. Not much difference between my online persona and my IRL person. :)

And the logout button is still there btw.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Would you hand any 3 year old a loaded firearm and walk away?
    ANY?

No, which is exactly my point. No rule is a one size fits all solution in terms of psychological capabilities.

If I know them, know what they've been taught, and therefore know what they understand and how well they practice their knowledge, then yes if it's sufficient.

EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Crap, I was poked fun of on the interwebz. Now I'll go cry. Internet respect is a funny concept. :thatshot::thatshot:

Ok, you need some attention today Noblesville? My point was that seacow was using this tragedy to further push his politics about carry in yet another thread and when he was called out on his classless comment he continued to be disrespectful to ingo members in general. You are right about Internet respect being a funny concept. People like yourself feel free to say things they would never in person. I practice being respectful wherever I am even if, no, especially if I am in disagreement with someone. Just how momma raised me. I love ingo. My interests take me to a lot of message boards and by far ingo has the smartest, most respectful members so I go cry extra hard when ingo folks like manatee act like ****byrds:ingo:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Ok, you need some attention today Noblesville? My point was that seacow was using this tragedy to further push his politics about carry in yet another thread and when he was called out on his classless comment he continued to be disrespectful to ingo members in general. You are right about Internet respect being a funny concept. People like yourself feel free to say things they would never in person. I practice being respectful wherever I am even if, no, especially if I am in disagreement with someone. Just how momma raised me. I love ingo. My interests take me to a lot of message boards and by far ingo has the smartest, most respectful members so I go cry extra hard when ingo folks like manatee act like ****byrds:ingo:
    I never say anything I wouldn't say in person. You don't know me. And nice use of seacow. +1

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Those who've met me in person know that what I say here, I'd say to you in person.

It's a terrible tragedy when a kid dies. It is moreso when this might have been a case that should have been prevented.

It isn't politics when I shout that safety is paramount…and if you've read other threads I've commented on, you'll know that I particularly think that empty chambers around children is a factor that ought to be considered by all.

So, I really don't care much for what you think. What I HOPE is that you never make an error associated with a handgun that causes a death that could have been avoided. That does more to negatively affect all of our gun rights than some internet debate among gun owners. If that's politics, then so be it.

Lastly, why do you suppose that IPSC, USPSA and CAS have such great safety records over the decades that they've been around? It's because safety is more important than speed or winning.

Good day.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I think all folks should be sterilized and only smart and responsible people should be allowed to breed.

That'd put a dent in the accident rate, and the careers of politicians.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As long we understand that the gun that Steve Malloy dropped which killed him had a manual safety and that the 3rd generation S&W auto can be fired with the magazine out.

We, as a culture, are too quick to deny the fact that guns are dangerous. This attitude leads to a familiarity which leads to contempt which leads to serious bodily injury or death.

All to often it seems.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Unchambered IS unloaded, but enough with this.

I'll throw my two cents into the fray, I disagree with that statement. I wouldn't hand someone a gun with a loaded magazine, but an empty chamber - then tell them it was OK because it was "unloaded". I guess my definition doesn't agree with yours.

About the whole, chambered/unchambered argument. Personally, I leave one in the chamber when I carry. But I think there are people that should not (like the ones that don't wear any holster, or don't wear a holster that properly covers the trigger, etc) I would also agree with Manatee that carrying with one in the chamber is inherently less safe. You're more vulnerable to a negligent discharge if you make a mistake while handing, or leave the pistol laying somewhere and a child gets ahold of it. I also believe you have to weigh that with putting yourself at an extreme disadvantage if you are carrying the gun for self defense. Everyone has to make their choice I guess.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I wouldn't hand someone a gun with a loaded magazine, but an empty chamber - then tell them it was OK because it was "unloaded". I guess my definition doesn't agree with yours...
    Coon fingering was not part of the conversation. The reference was to Mr. Manatee's insistence that empty chamber carry was an appropriate way to go for novice carriers. In that case, the gun is unloaded due to the fact that you must LOAD the chamber before you may fire it in self defense.

Mr Manatee inappropriately brought his argument to this thread, making assumptions about a dead child's family. You can read the original discussion here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...top-carrying-empty-chamber-5.html#post4634315

Last edited:

EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Those who've met me in person know that what I say here, I'd say to you in person.

It's a terrible tragedy when a kid dies. It is moreso when this might have been a case that should have been prevented.

It isn't politics when I shout that safety is paramount…and if you've read other threads I've commented on, you'll know that I particularly think that empty chambers around children is a factor that ought to be considered by all.

So, I really don't care much for what you think. What I HOPE is that you never make an error associated with a handgun that causes a death that could have been avoided. That does more to negatively affect all of our gun rights than some internet debate among gun owners. If that's politics, then so be it.

Lastly, why do you suppose that IPSC, USPSA and CAS have such great safety records over the decades that they've been around? It's because safety is more important than speed or winning.

Good day.

When "speed of winning" means I get shot/killed or not then yes I want to win with speed. I've read you before plenty and clearly you are a bright guy with MANY ingo posts but I stand by my opinion that your first post in this thread was in poor taste. I wasn't referring to you when I said people say things on the net that they wouldn't in person.

since I have your grand master expertise at hand maybe you could critique my practices as I am the noob shooter you keep referencing. It's pretty simple, guns are locked up until I and only I unlock and remove my carry weapon at which time it is placed in a holster and into my waistband. When I take the gun off it goes back in the safe. In between my gun stays holstered and I don't dick with it. Now unless there is some variable I am missing my weapon should remain safe and out of unauthorized hands at all times no? I am in complete agreement that safety is paramount. I don't know where you reside or frequent but for me, safety means one in the pipe. My gun is for personal protection not competition so for me your metaphor does not hold up. Respectfully, eig

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Where is your gun prior to putting it on your belt when leaving the home?

In one of two safes or on my person, unless I'm asleep, in which case its in a retention holster on my headboard. If I'm in the shower its still on the headboard and the bedroom door is locked.

gunandrun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2013
    lawrenceburg
    people always talk about children dying from accidents. There is a huge difference between dying from things kid should be doing (riding bikes, playing on swing sets)and things kids should not be exposed to(guns left unattended around the house). Few people have a reason to have loaded firearms. The odds of someone breaking into an occupied house are very small. Robbers look for unoccupied houses. If you have kids in the house and there is no reason to suspect that anyone is targeting you, there is no reason to keep a loaded gun

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    While I agree the odds of a home invasion are low, I don't think you'll find many here that will agree with your assessment that there is no need to keep a loaded gun in the house gunandrun.

I carry a loaded gun around the house. My wife was robbed at gunpoint in our driveway less than 1 month ago. But I keep the firearm holstered on my body or in the safe. I have a 2 year old, so I try to take all possible precautions so she does not get access.

Top Bottom