• ...and so much more!
  • tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    O great! Another cop bashing thread.

Seems a little extreme. But the article did say the officer did her a favor by writting the ticket for a lesser amount then it should have been.
    :n00b:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Glad they were not in front of my house 2 days ago. My 3 year old insisted he pee off the front porch. Normally he wants to pee on the tree outback so this time was a little different.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    No one is bashing cops. I am bashing this particular cop because he deserves it.

The fact that there is a law against public urination is just crazy imo.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Last winter we had an early snowfall with big fat flakes slowly drifting down. I discovered that while I was peeing off the porch of the shop I could shoot them down and they would break up, Asteroids style. Of course I made "pew pew" sounds while doing it and giggled all day about it.

Of course, it isn't public view out here ;)

And I wasn't bashing cops, just one person who appeared to be abusing his power.

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Do these people not know that is how you potty train boys?:dunno: So much more incentive to be found outside than in the bathroom.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    The fact that there is a law against public urination is just crazy imo.

Peeing on your own property is one thing, but would you be ok with some stranger standing on the sidewalk in front of your house or on the sidewalk in front of somewhere you frequent and just whipping it out because he is too lazy to find a toilet?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Peeing on your own property is one thing, but would you be ok with some stranger standing on the sidewalk in front of your house or on the sidewalk in front of somewhere you frequent and just whipping it out because he is too lazy to find a toilet?

This is a very valid point, but we must also address the fact that this particular story includes much of the reason for the frequently-encountered hatred of police. The police were given this tool to deal with an unseemly act on the part of those old enough to know better. As is too often the case, we give the police a tool to deal with a problem and they expand it to use as a club to beat the s**t out of anyone and everyone no matter how stupid the application in the situation at hand. In short, I do not trust police with any legal instrument which requires the use of any judgment because a seemingly small percentage of right-thinking LEOs will use it as such and the rest will be using it on anyone that can be shoehorned into fitting with the legal limits of the offense. Honestly, does anyone believe that this law had anything to do with toddlers who need a little redirection?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just because a ticket was issued doesn't mean it will stick. This is exactly the reason we put judges in place... to make rational judgement calls.

This is true, but it is no excuse for cops who act like they were born with their brains up their a**es and s**t them out.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just because a ticket was issued doesn't mean it will stick. This is exactly the reason we put judges in place... to make rational judgement calls.

It's also why we sometimes have to pay attorneys hundreds or even thousands of dollars in fees to make something totally stupid go away.

Don't count on judges always being pillars of reason and bastions of logic.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Saw this on the morning news and both my son and I were astounded. Could not believe the bad judgement the cop had. From the looks of the lot the house is on, they are on a sparsely populated court; it's not like the neighbors are 6 inches apart. Glad to see the chief has common sense.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Saw this on the morning news and both my son and I were astounded. Could not believe the bad judgement the cop had. From the looks of the lot the house is on, they are on a sparsely populated court; it's not like the neighbors are 6 inches apart. Glad to see the chief has common sense.

My question, given that these folks were brushed off in their initial complain to the PD is whether the chief actually has such sense or he was humiliated into reversing course.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Maybe the cop should have to stick his Willie out and have it flogged publicly. No, not the type of flogging he'd enjoy.

Top Bottom