• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I dont know how old you are now but when I was in high school we probably would have been friends....lol
    Sounds like my teenage snake pit days:40oz:
    My senior year I was at the speedway every school day but four from the day it opened until race day. I was in a vocational program and would leave my regular HS at noon and rather than going to the other HS I'd go to the track. The vocational teacher knew and I still passed somehow. :lmfao:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

My son is a Junior at IU and was inside when the shooting occurred about 10ft from him. He was right next to an exit but he had to step over the pool of blood to get to it. Once outside, he regrouped with his friends only to hear a shot nearby. They turned a corner only to stumble across another shooting. He's a bit shaken up by the whole thing.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My son is a Junior at IU and was inside when the shooting occurred about 10ft from him. He was right next to an exit but he had to step over the pool of blood to get to it. Once outside, he regrouped with his friends only to hear a shot nearby. They turned a corner only to stumble across another shooting. He's a bit shaken up by the whole thing.
    It's quite a gut punch to learn that your kids were that close to a tragedy. Several years back when my son was at Purdue they had a shooting on campus. My son was in the next classroom thankfully but as soon as I heard about it and couldn't get him to answer my calls or texts I was on 65 Northbound. Thankfully he answered before I got much further north than Lebanon.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Wow. Quite a scare.

That's even closer to home than me living down here, in the neighborhood.

Sorry your son had to go through this. And you too dad. :(

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow! Glad he's okay Denny!

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Shoooo.

I remember when the cops let us go home...

... But not before they made us open each beer and poor it on the ground.

Didn't have to tell us twice.
    In our little town, the local gendarmes didn't make us pour it out, they confiscated it and took it home themselves.

When home from college over Christmas break and needing beer one year, a classmate's stepfather who was a long-time officer here offered us beer from his refrigerator. The caveat was we were only allowed to take beer from the lower shelves because it was his free beer from work. The beer on the top shelf was beer he had paid for.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It's quite a gut punch to learn that your kids were that close to a tragedy. Several years back when my son was at Purdue they had a shooting on campus. My son was in the next classroom thankfully but as soon as I heard about it and couldn't get him to answer my calls or texts I was on 65 Northbound. Thankfully he answered before I got much further north than Lebanon.
    He texted me immediately after this happened. Telling me there was a shooting, he was ok, and to call him when I woke up. Very thoughtful. I've done that for them on the police action shootings I've been involved in.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Shoooo.

I remember when the cops let us go home...

... But not before they made us open each beer and poor it on the ground.

Didn't have to tell us twice.
    And we were extremely happy to pour good beer on the ground, not that I ever had to do that!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Well, I'm not sure what to say about that other than those were obviously my amateur days :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:.

I'm older, wiser (most of the time) and not looking to wreck my future (the democrats are doing a splendid job for me) so I don't drink like that any more. That said, I'm pretty sure the Jim Beam Distillery could have justifiably named one of their expansion projects after me. I've knocked a half gallon of that stuff down in a day and still been walkin and talkin on a couple of occasions lol.

I don't really know why but from the first time I ever tasted bourbon it was like love at first taste. I might drink a beer once or twice a year (maybe) and any of the white liquors are guaranteed regret but I can put away as much bourbon as I'd like and for some reason hangovers are extremely rare. I have no use for wine after it's been fermented.

I've always had a drinking problem. I could go months and did go up to well over a year without a drop and it never bothered me, I never craved it, I don't think I've ever had what would qualify as a compulsion to drink. When I do pop a cork however, I sometimes struggle to stop when I probably should. I'm a happy drunk and don't drive so there really aren't any negative consequences but after number two they seem to go down like ice water for me so I have to watch it.

The truly unusual thing is that I went through a couple of years when my liver levels were off. At one point I was one more lab result away from a liver biopsy. That was all during the period when I hadn't been drinking in over a year. I picked it back up again and my liver has been fine since :dunno:. I Just had my annual physical last month and the Doc's advice after checking my labs was to keep right on doing what I'm doing. Can do Doc :thumbsup:
    Sounds a lot like my experiences except I drank Crown Royal and later switched to vodka. I did develop chronic Hep C and had to have aggressive drug therapy for a year. Luckily it worked and my liver is fine now. Wish I could say as much for my heart. After a 5 bypass heart surgery and 7 or 8 catherizatons it’s still a ticking bomb. I’m just glad I never hurt or killed anyone when I was drinking, I did plenty of other stupid stuff though. I rarely have a drink anymore and if I do it’s at home.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Sounds a lot like my experiences except I drank Crown Royal and later switched to vodka. I did develop chronic Hep C and had to have aggressive drug therapy for a year. Luckily it worked and my liver is fine now. Wish I could say as much for my heart. After a 5 bypass heart surgery and 7 or 8 catherizatons it’s still a ticking bomb. I’m just glad I never hurt or killed anyone when I was drinking, I did plenty of other stupid stuff though. I rarely have a drink anymore and if I do it’s at home.
    My drinking tends to ebb and flow. Typically warmer weather means a lot less booze and a lot more water.

Top Bottom