• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    .23 at 15 years old??? Lotta folks can't make it to .20, before passing out.
    Well, I'm not sure what to say about that other than those were obviously my amateur days :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:.

I'm older, wiser (most of the time) and not looking to wreck my future (the democrats are doing a splendid job for me) so I don't drink like that any more. That said, I'm pretty sure the Jim Beam Distillery could have justifiably named one of their expansion projects after me. I've knocked a half gallon of that stuff down in a day and still been walkin and talkin on a couple of occasions lol.

I don't really know why but from the first time I ever tasted bourbon it was like love at first taste. I might drink a beer once or twice a year (maybe) and any of the white liquors are guaranteed regret but I can put away as much bourbon as I'd like and for some reason hangovers are extremely rare. I have no use for wine after it's been fermented.

I've always had a drinking problem. I could go months and did go up to well over a year without a drop and it never bothered me, I never craved it, I don't think I've ever had what would qualify as a compulsion to drink. When I do pop a cork however, I sometimes struggle to stop when I probably should. I'm a happy drunk and don't drive so there really aren't any negative consequences but after number two they seem to go down like ice water for me so I have to watch it.

The truly unusual thing is that I went through a couple of years when my liver levels were off. At one point I was one more lab result away from a liver biopsy. That was all during the period when I hadn't been drinking in over a year. I picked it back up again and my liver has been fine since :dunno:. I Just had my annual physical last month and the Doc's advice after checking my labs was to keep right on doing what I'm doing. Can do Doc :thumbsup:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, I'm not sure what to say about that other than those were obviously my amateur days :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:.

I'm older, wiser (most of the time) and not looking to wreck my future (the democrats are doing a splendid job for me) so I don't drink like that any more. That said, I'm pretty sure the Jim Beam Distillery could have justifiably named one of their expansion projects after me. I've knocked a half gallon of that stuff down in a day and still been walkin and talkin on a couple of occasions lol.

I don't really know why but from the first time I ever tasted bourbon it was like love at first taste. I might drink a beer once or twice a year (maybe) and any of the white liquors are guaranteed regret but I can put away as much bourbon as I'd like and for some reason hangovers are extremely rare. I have no use for wine after it's been fermented.

I've always had a drinking problem. I could go months and did go up to well over a year without a drop and it never bothered me, I never craved it, I don't think I've ever had what would qualify as a compulsion to drink. When I do pop a cork however, I sometimes struggle to stop when I probably should. I'm a happy drunk and don't drive so there really aren't any negative consequences but after number two they seem to go down like ice water for me so I have to watch it.

The truly unusual thing is that I went through a couple of years when my liver levels were off. At one point I was one more lab result away from a liver biopsy. That was all during the period when I hadn't been drinking in over a year. I picked it back up again and my liver has been fine since :dunno:. I Just had my annual physical last month and the Doc's advice after checking my labs was to keep right on doing what I'm doing. Can do Doc :thumbsup:
    Bourbon (mixed with fresh apple cider) is my fall/winter drink. It can make me... "talkative". :): But I too have always been a happy drunk. I was always the one stopping fights in bars rather than starting them, back when I went to bars.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Bourbon (mixed with fresh apple cider) is my fall/winter drink. It can make me... "talkative". :): But I too have always been a happy drunk. I was always the one stopping fights in bars rather than starting them, back when I went to bars.
    As much as I love a good quality pour on the rocks, I mix cheap stuff with 7up. The 7up acts as a "filler" so I don't drink too much. 1pt bourbon to 3 parts 7up is a fine tasting beverage all year round :drool:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As much as I love a good quality pour on the rocks, I mix cheap stuff with 7up. The 7up acts as a "filler" so I don't drink too much. 1pt bourbon to 3 parts 7up is a fine tasting beverage all year round :drool:
    I get the cheap stuff for mixing with cider. Jim Beam. Some girls like it too. I mean, what girl doesn't like a good Beam 'n cider? ;)

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I like a similar thing with an ill-purchased rye along with a ginger beer / not so sweet ginger ale. I like the ginger ale/beer from Menards - Sprechter(?)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I like a similar thing with an ill-purchased rye along with a ginger beer / not so sweet ginger ale. I like the ginger ale/beer from Menards - Sprechter(?)
    I tried my first ginger beer in Australia. It tasted just like Vernor's ginger ale to me (which is different from any other "ginger ale" to me).

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I tried my first ginger beer in Australia. It tasted just like Vernor's ginger ale to me (which is different from any other "ginger ale" to me).
    You know, I've seen that on the shelf, but I don't think I've ever actually had it. The Sprechter's ginger ale is pretty drinkable as-is, but their ginger beer is a bit intense for drinking alone. For ~$1/bottle and with the purpose of the mixed drink, I'm pretty content with it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You know, I've seen that on the shelf, but I don't think I've ever actually had it. The Sprechter's ginger ale is pretty drinkable as-is, but their ginger beer is a bit intense for drinking alone. For ~$1/bottle and with the purpose of the mixed drink, I'm pretty content with it.
    Vernor's has been around forever. It's just completely different from Canada Dry or Schwepp's.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Shoooo.

I remember when the cops let us go home...

... But not before they made us open each beer and poor it on the ground.

Didn't have to tell us twice.

Top Bottom