3 Months later, this is being reported on fox.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steelady13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I definitely understand privacy and a little depression etc. But all things this kid had going on tied together just wow! And yes I know family don't want to think it, but how could you not at the least wonder. The books, the obsession with firearms, and especially THE Clipping from Newspaper. I mean it doesn't say their were any carcass. Did he hunt? Shoot in competition?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've looked and only found 20 round drums for 12 guage. Two drums equaling 40 rounds. So which part is a lie or just flat out wrong?

I guessing the inventory list is mostly accurate. One shotgun, 2 mags, and 70 rounds total. Maybe two full mags and then loose rounds? Who knows....

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Anyone google C183?
    0900688a80d2ce39_EKN037025_C183_red_dim_645x370.jpg

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Seems absolutely disturbing to me that the guy had books on mental illness yet a family member wrote him a check for a gun? Not to mention the clipping of the school shooting. Can anyone say Red Flags!!! Him being mentally ill obviously wasn't a secret! There is your problem. Not gun control not ammunition rations.

The press says it's a check for a gun. We don't know what it was, it could be a dry cleaning ticket for all we know, given the press' proven accuracy.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The press says it's a check for a gun. We don't know what it was, it could be a dry cleaning ticket for all we know, given the press' proven accuracy.

Actually, the inventory list from the warrant says:
    Exhibit #612 - One (1) holiday card containing a Bank of America check #462 made out to Adam Lanza for he purchase of a C183 (Firearm), authored by Nancy Lanza.

http://media2.wtnh.com/_local/docum...ted_December_16,_2012_at_431_PM(redacted).pdf

So, the press appears to be reporting what is in the inventory correctly (in this case). Now, what is actually ON that check, we may never know.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I got a few things from the article...

1) The NRA was behind his killing. NRA was mentioned at least 2 or 3 times in the article.
    2) His mom loved going to the range. Had all the safety equipment and had ammo to go for a fun day of shooting
    3) The mom or someone had the guns locked up in a safe. Good for them.
    4) A CIVIC has a glove box the size of its trunk
    5) 154 rounds of ammo can fit into 90 rounds of space.
    6) The NRA trained the killer

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    After reading this, I'm done trying to guess if something is going to happen.....now it's only a matter of time, and WHAT is going to be done.......

I'm physically ill right now.....these documents are JUST what the Libs are looking for....

Pointman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bainbridge
    Anyone else notice he smashed his game console and computer hard drive? If he was going to leave a spreadsheet scorecard of mass shooters for the police it makes me wonder what's on the drives more damning than that.

Steelady13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Indiana
    One insane apple shouldn't spoil it for everyone else. My point after reading through the warrants that the ppl around him had to hv known of his mental illness. Had to see he had some kind of strange/sick obsession with mass killings and that he was heavily arming himself. Right to bare arms is just that simple. It is our Constitutional Right, NRA member or not! But the ppl around him had to hear the bells and see the flashing red lights. You can't lay that in the NRA's lap or the general American public.He had self help books did he go to counciling? If so why didn't the Phd pick up on it. And if the so called solution is making ppl hv test done blah blah blah who will diagnose? because obviouslyin this instance it was same two ppl that do everything at my house. "It wasn't me" and "I didn"t do it".

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    books on mental illness

O noes! He had BOOKS!!!

This part is a red herring. I have books about cyber crime, including several by Kevin Mitnick and Kevin Poulsen. Doesn't mean I'm hacking into banks and phone systems.

You don't catch mental illness from having books about it.

ETA: I also own Born On a Blue Day, one of the ones he had. It's a fascinating book. But I guess that must mean I'm mentally ill and therefore unfit to own firearms. Because only people who are disturbed will read.

Last edited:

Steelady13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Obviously he was mentally ill. And my point was that the people around him should have been the ones to catch it as opposed to new legislation for the entire population. I am not saying everyone that entertains these books or does this or that is going to go on a mass shooting spree. What I am saying is there had to be signs and obviously everyone had their heads buried in the sand.

Top Bottom