Food For Health™
    Emergency Food Kit

275 Servings
    Weather Proof Bucket

Item # 104893

$74.99

Shipping & Handling included *
    The estimated delivery time will be approximately
    7 - 10 business days from the time of order.
    Qty:

Product Recommendations
    Food For Health™
    Deluxe Family
    Emergency Supply Kit

$139.99 Food For Health™
    Complete Emergency Preparedness Kit

$99.99

Limited Time Offer:

$10 discount is reflected in the price.

Valid for orders placed

October 15, 2009 through November 1, 2009.

While supplies last.

Online Price $84.99

Less -$10.00

YOUR COST $74.99

Click Here for nutritional and preparation information

Basic preparation will impact the probability of your family’s survival in an emergency. Delicious and easy to prepare. Each bucket contains 275 servings of pre-mixed and pre-seasoned 100% vegetarian and vitamin fortified food. With a 20 year long shelf life, this kit is perfect for the preparation of natural disasters such as hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes or even for a camping or hunting trip.
    • Total Weight: 23 lbs.
    The Date of Manufacturing is printed on each individual packet. The Expiration Date for all the food is printed on a sticker on the outside of the bucket.

For best taste and nutritional value, use product before:
    20 years of manufacturing date when stored at 60° F (16.6° C)
    10 years of manufacturing date when stored at 70° F (21.1° C)

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    443250.jpg

< Previous Product | Next Product >

$799.99 after $200 OFF
    Shelf Reliance THRIVE™
    1-year Supply
    Dehydrated & Freeze-Dried Food

1-year Food Supply For 1 Person

Item # 443250
    Rated
    rating.gif
    4.3 out of 5
    openRatingsHistogram.gif
    Rating Snapshot (3 reviews)

$799.99

Shipping & Handling included *
    Qty:

Product Details
    Due to overwhelming demand, any orders placed after 10/08/09 will not ship until 11/16/09

Limited Time Offer:

$200 discount is reflected in the price.

Valid for orders placed

September 28, 2009 through October 18, 2009.

While supplies last.

Online Price $999.99

Less -$200.00

YOUR COST $799.99

Click Here for nutritional information on this item

Shelf Reliance is your premier source for food storage and emergency preparedness planning. Because nothing is more important than the health and safety of your family, they provide only top-of-the-line products. Shelf Reliance’s line of THRIVE Foods are held to the highest standards. All THRIVE Foods have been developed with everyday menu planning in mind; however, they are also designed to be added to your long term food storage. With their great taste and simple preparation, THRIVE foods are the perfect place to turn for healthy, delicious meals anytime.

The THRIVE 1 Year Food Supply comes complete with 78 #10 cans ranging 5 food groups: grains, fruits, veggies, meats & beans and dairy. With over 4,700 servings and many foods with a shelf life of up to 20 years, this package will give you variety, nutrition, and peace of mind. In addition to the high quality foods this package provides, a wheat grinder is included.
    • Seventy-eight #10 cans
    • Wheat Grinder included
    This THRIVE 1 Year Food & Storage contains 78 #10 (gallon size) cans and 1 Grain Mill grinder. See below for specific package contents.

Grains
    • 1 Wheat Grinder
    VegetablesFruits

Dairy

Proteins/Beans

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    800 bucks?

wow.

I budget about 150 a month for all groceries, and that product doesn't even include liquid purchases. I think I'd rather have the 20 year shelf life of the 80-dollar 275 meal pack... now after I eat half of that, I might feel different, but we'll cross that bridge later:D

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    800 bucks?

wow.

I budget about 150 a month for all groceries, and that product doesn't even include liquid purchases. I think I'd rather have the 20 year shelf life of the 80-dollar 275 meal pack... now after I eat half of that, I might feel different, but we'll cross that bridge later:D

The difference is in the content of the 2. The 75 dollar one seems to be soups and the 800 dollar one is freeze dried food. 800 dollar is out of my budget but probably is a deal for those who would buy such items off the shelf.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Why buy all this freeze dried and dehydrated stuff when you can simply buy a few extra cans of beans, tomatoes, corn, chili, soup, etc/etc/etc... every time you go to the grocery store. Eventually you will end up with a big stockpile of food that you ACTUALLY enjoy eating because you are buying more of what you ACTUALLY use under normal periods. I don't believe in buying a pile of stuff and hiding it under the stair for when the SHTF, for me its more the theory of buy what you eat, eat what you store. Simply rotate it through from oldest to newest, eating the oldest first. We have cases of stewed tomatoes, canned corn, soup, kidney beans, blah blah blah. All the normal brands that we eat during a normal week. We know how to cook with it because we cook with it every week. Those who store dehydrated or raw goods need to learn how to cook with that stuff and work it into their menus.

BTW, if you are storing food you may also want to store toothpaste, deodorant, cleaning supplies, shampoo, toilet paper, etc etc etc

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Why buy all this freeze dried and dehydrated stuff when you can simply buy a few extra cans of beans, tomatoes, corn, chili, soup, etc/etc/etc... every time you go to the grocery store. Eventually you will end up with a big stockpile of food that you ACTUALLY enjoy eating because you are buying more of what you ACTUALLY use under normal periods. I don't believe in buying a pile of stuff and hiding it under the stair for when the SHTF, for me its more the theory of buy what you eat, eat what you store. Simply rotate it through from oldest to newest, eating the oldest first. We have cases of stewed tomatoes, canned corn, soup, kidney beans, blah blah blah. All the normal brands that we eat during a normal week. We know how to cook with it because we cook with it every week. Those who store dehydrated or raw goods need to learn how to cook with that stuff and work it into their menus.

BTW, if you are storing food you may also want to store toothpaste, deodorant, cleaning supplies, shampoo, toilet paper, etc etc etc

I think this can't be said enough. I see no advantage to buying some "emergency ration" that you're going to use at some distant time for the price often asked. You could buy your own bulk items for a lot less and seal them yourself or just buy extra in your regular shopping. Buy it cheap and stack it deep! This is not to say I don't have MREs sitting there...it's just that you want to have your learning curve a little ahead of a SHTF scenario, be it an ice storm, work loss, or quarentine.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

I'm in total agreement with you on this one. Practicality (cheapness) dictates to me to buy the regular rations in quantity and rotate, rotate, rotate. Plus the soaps, I add aspirins and normal medicines to the mix.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

:+1:melensdad!

Besides that fact that there will be a learning curve for the above items, they will require water some of it alot, and in a SHTF occasion water may be in short supply depending on the circumstance.

Condensed soup can get buy with as little as 3-4 ounces of water, a freezed dried mountain house 2 person meal 16 ounces, to make beans way more than that.

Take 10-15 dollars a week extra and buy some extra cans of food a week, Spaghetti O's, Chunky soup, Spam, vegetables ect.. ect..

Freeze dried foods in Mylar bags and items in plastic buckets are just a mouse nibble away from being ruined, cans gonna screwed with their teeth!

Leave the MRE's as a emergency on the run meal.

crazzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Nblsvle
    we have a case of water bottles, a case of beer, a few boxes of wine and a spare 40 w/ 300 rnds in our storm shelter too. candles, batteries, matches, TP, paper towels, emergency toilet w/ enuf bags for a week, some space blankets, a camp stove w/ a few propane bottles and a gal of chlorox to use for sanitation and water purification if we can get outta the basement and across the street to the lake. plus the rotating stock of can goods and chocolate. and, KI pills for the whole family. the real issue will be IF we can get out of the basement/house or not. like, if a twister takes out our egress we r prob gud for a week. otherwise, we r gud for a long time w/ the lake access. dont forget walkie talkies. if cell service is out, u can still reach folks up to a few miles away. like car insurance - u pay the bill and hope u never have a claim. peace, crazzy

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I agree that storing a years worth of goods is not practical or wise, but the $75 bucket is a good idea due to the weight and portability. In a bug out scenario it may be wise to have a decent supply of food that can be grabbed on the go. Also, a good supply of organic (non-hybrid) seeds is wise and can be had relatively inexpensively here Garden Seeds

Top Bottom