• ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Thank you for the rep gentlemen, appreciated, but not necessary.

One last observation I’d like to share. As a collective, INGO is a pretty conservative lot. Generally speaking, we hold the media in contempt over the use of liberal, made up terms like, assault weapons, common sense gun control, climate change, gun show loop hole, etc. All of these are total BS, designed to instill fear in the sheep. They all serve the same purpose. To take away your rights and give more power to the government.

“Price gouging” is the only made up term, designed to scare sheep, that also scares sheepdogs. Some of the staunchest conservatives I know, who will mock the left and they’re emotional arguments, will loose their minds over the price of ammo going up. “It’s just not fair”, is not a logical argument when the left uses it, and it makes even less sense to hear it come from a conservative.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Thank you for the rep gentlemen, appreciated, but not necessary.

One last observation I’d like to share. As a collective, INGO is a pretty conservative lot. Generally speaking, we hold the media in contempt over the use of liberal, made up terms like, assault weapons, common sense gun control, climate change, gun show loop hole, etc. All of these are total BS, designed to instill fear in the sheep. They all serve the same purpose. To take away your rights and give more power to the government.

“Price gouging” is the only made up term, designed to scare sheep, that also scares sheepdogs. Some of the staunchest conservatives I know, who will mock the left and they’re emotional arguments, will loose their minds over the price of ammo going up. “It’s just not fair”, is not a logical argument when the left uses it, and it makes even less sense to hear it come from a conservative.

I'll throw it out there that the price of ammo usually goes up because of lefitst fearmongering. That puts us in a bit of a unique position on the topic.

That said, unless someone is a brand new shooter, shame on them for not having their game together by now. We had an 8 year practice run of these sorts of shortages and we've had 4 nice years to stock up. When the light turns green, put your foot to the floor people!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I'll throw it out there that the price of ammo usually goes up because of lefitst fearmongering. That puts us in a bit of a unique position on the topic.

That said, unless someone is a brand new shooter, shame on them for not having their game together by now. We had an 8 year practice run of these sorts of shortages and we've had 4 nice years to stock up. When the light turns green, put your foot to the floor people!
    You have to look for the bright side on a dark situation. There are several to be found here.

non gun owners are buying guns. Some will put these guns in a closet, never to be seen again. Some will shoot them and catch our addiction.

Ammo production will come roaring back, there will be a glut, and it will be cheaper than dirt, so to speak. :laugh:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    You have to look for the bright side on a dark situation. There are several to be found here.

non gun owners are buying guns. Some will put these guns in a closet, never to be seen again. Some will shoot them and catch our addiction.

Ammo production will come roaring back, there will be a glut, and it will be cheaper than dirt, so to speak. :laugh:

Oh, I'm not worried. I bought my connections early for the most part and I know how to play this game already. I'm just saying the guys whining about the price of ammo has been, almost exclusively until now, a direct result of leftists trying to take our guns away. It's not exactly fair, IMO, to just off the cuff say:

“It’s just not fair”, is not a logical argument when the left uses it, and it makes even less sense to hear it come from a conservative.

...because until 15 minutes ago it really wasn't fair. We're guaranteed guns and ammo at birth, by God, in this country and when the commies start trying to take them away, we get pretty upset about how unfair that is, and grab all we can with 3 hands while we can.

So... I hear you, but I think you hear me too. You've picked an exception to make a rule from, IMO.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Oh, I'm not worried. I bought my connections early for the most part and I know how to play this game already. I'm just saying the guys whining about the price of ammo has been, almost exclusively until now, a direct result of leftists trying to take our guns away. It's not exactly fair, IMO, to just off the cuff say:

“It’s just not fair”, is not a logical argument when the left uses it, and it makes even less sense to hear it come from a conservative.

...because until 15 minutes ago it really wasn't fair. We're guaranteed guns and ammo at birth, by God, in this country and when the commies start trying to take them away, we get pretty upset about how unfair that is, and grab all we can with 3 hands while we can.

So... I hear you, but I think you hear me too. You've picked an exception to make a rule from, IMO.
    I think you’ve completely missed my point. Let me try to explain it better.

I’ll catch hell for this, but I’ve been yelled at before.
    Churchmouse is a dear friend, and I would lay down my life for him or his family. I’m using him as an example because most everyone here knows him. He is as staunchly conservative as they come, but he will loose his mind if he thinks of a flipper, or a price gouger. I’ve seen him. He will admit it.
    He believes in the fairy tale myth of “price gouging”. I’m telling you it doesn’t exist. It’s a made up term to override your logic and get you mad. When you think or argue with your emotions, you will lose.

The current shortage, and ensuing price hikes are supply and demand. Nothing more. It wasn't caused by the left, this time, unless you believe that the Clinton’s released the virus on us because of all those Epstein memes. It is possible. :laugh:

We had a thread on here about close out uppers priced way under cost. People bought them, lots of them. They sold out. One of the guys posts his up for sale right here on INGO for more than he paid. He even says in the ad he wants more than he paid. Is he investing, or is he price gouging? He listed his upper for roughly 1 1/2 times what he paid, but was still way under the original retail price. As far as I know, he hasn’t sold it, and probably won’t. I’m not judging him for it, I looked at his ad, chuckled, and moved on. I’m guessing some people put him on an ignore list. There is no need to be offended by someone’s asking price.

Businesses and generally people aren’t charities. We all have to make money. The left has tried to make, profit and greed interchangeable. Some people here already believe they are the same.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

Churchmouse is a dear friend, and I would lay down my life for him or his family. I’m using him as an example because most everyone here knows him. He is as staunchly conservative as they come, but he will loose his mind if he thinks of a flipper, or a price gouger. I’ve seen him. He will admit it.
    He believes in the fairy tale myth of “price gouging”. I’m telling you it doesn’t exist. It’s a made up term to override your logic and get you mad. When you think or argue with your emotions, you will lose.

The current shortage, and ensuing price hikes are supply and demand. Nothing more. It wasn't caused by the left, this time, unless you believe that the Clinton’s released the virus on us because of all those Epstein memes. It is possible. :laugh:

We had a thread on here about close out uppers priced way under cost. People bought them, lots of them. They sold out. One of the guys posts his up for sale right here on INGO for more than he paid. He even says in the ad he wants more than he paid. Is he investing, or is he price gouging? He listed his upper for roughly 1 1/2 times what he paid, but was still way under the original retail price. As far as I know, he hasn’t sold it, and probably won’t. I’m not judging him for it, I looked at his ad, chuckled, and moved on. I’m guessing some people put him on an ignore list. There is no need to be offended by someone’s asking price.

Businesses and generally people aren’t charities. We all have to make money. The left has tried to make, profit and greed interchangeable. Some people here already believe they are the same.

I didn't miss your point. I'm just saying that this situation is a unique case, so maybe a little slack is in order?

Except for CM. You were probably being too kind already...

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I didn't miss your point. I'm just saying that this situation is a unique case, so maybe a little slack is in order?

The only thing unique about this is, it’s not a political attack against the 2A that is causing the panic. Non gun people are starting to realize that the walking dead tv show, could become real life. I worked three days in a gun store this week helping out a buddy, and I think I only sold one gun to somebody that already had one. After Sandy Hook, gun people were buying black rifles because they thought they were going to be banned. It expanded to non gun owners coming in to get something, in case all guns were banned, but it wasn’t like this.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    The only thing unique about this is, it’s not a political attack against the 2A that is causing the panic. Non gun people are starting to realize that the walking dead tv show, could become real life. I worked three days in a gun store this week helping out a buddy, and I think I only sold one gun to somebody that already had one. After Sandy Hook, gun people were buying black rifles because they thought they were going to be banned. It expanded to non gun owners coming in to get something, in case all guns were banned, but it wasn’t like this.

...and that makes all the difference in the world. If you think I'm not going to be on here whining about ammo prices when the next gun grabber is in the white house, economics be damned, you're mistaken.

So, I get it, supply and demand, free market economy, you don't have to buy it and all of that. However, that argument applied when it's some d-head in the oval office buying up billions of rounds of 5.56 (and all manner of other ammo) so we can't have it, and is parading dead children on the nightly news while crying like a b**** in the rose garden about how he can't my rights away but he's trying really hard anyhow, isn't going to sit well with me or others.

What I'm saying is perhaps dial it back a little bit here with the finger pointing at conservatives and telling us we're acting like leftist lunatics. You're right this time, but it comes off a bit smug to me to act like we've all just been ridiculous asshats all of the other times too. I could be reading more into it than is there, but that might all the reason needed to calm it down a touch.

And I do get it that we're all on the same team here and we're all friends. Let's just make sure everything stays friendly and that, say, come November, people aren't looking at this thread and becoming a bit annoyed when this happens again for the normal reasons.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I just want to take a moment and thank Johny5 and KJQ6945 for the posts they made with excellent explanations of gouging and markets. Sad I was so busy I couldn't participate real time.

Great work gentlemen...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Before I read and studied the issue I too felt and thought like you describe of CM, my analysis of why I felt that way led me to understand that it was an emotional response, but not for myself, but rather as a sheepdog protector of others that needed the product that I felt was being gouged. Once I understood how freedom and self interest can create better outcomes I changed my thinking.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    ...and that makes all the difference in the world. If you think I'm not going to be on here whining about ammo prices when the next gun grabber is in the white house, economics be damned, you're mistaken.

So, I get it, supply and demand, free market economy, you don't have to buy it and all of that. However, that argument applied when it's some d-head in the oval office buying up billions of rounds of 5.56 (and all manner of other ammo) so we can't have it, and is parading dead children on the nightly news while crying like a b**** in the rose garden about how he can't my rights away but he's trying really hard anyhow, isn't going to sit well with me or others.

What I'm saying is perhaps dial it back a little bit here with the finger pointing at conservatives and telling us we're acting like leftist lunatics. You're right this time, but it comes off a bit smug to me to act like we've all just been ridiculous asshats all of the other times too. I could be reading more into it than is there, but that might all the reason needed to calm it down a touch.

And I do get it that we're all on the same team here and we're all friends. Let's just make sure everything stays friendly and that, say, come November, people aren't looking at this thread and becoming a bit annoyed when this happens again for the normal reasons.
    It’s all good Max, relax. The only finger I pointed was at CM, and he is a brother. We can disagree, we do occasionally, but it’s no big deal, because I know who he is and his core values are solid as a rock.

I feel like I have offended you, and that’s not my intention.

For some reason, unknown to me, conservatives have a hard time understanding that they are being baited by the left, with “price gouging”. This topic is an anomaly to me. Conservatives can defeat any leftist argument, until it concerns the price of their guns or ammo. Then they get emotional, and lose their minds. We are on the same side of this fight, we all are.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and understand why it’s happening. :cheers:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Didn't read the entire post but wanted to say. I was in the Beach Grove Walmart on Thursday and they had plenty of 22 ammo for sale, (bought a 550 round pack) . Stopped back in on Friday after work and grabbed another 550 pack and there were still plenty left. Guess I got lucky this time around and glad of it. I'll stop by on Monday after work to see if they have any more. Not a hoarder, just love to shoot

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Fortunately I am well stocked on .22 lr. But just this morning I ordered a case of .223 because current inventory levels are a little lower than I'd like. I had to pay about $100 more than the prices a few weeks ago, but it's on me since I waited until the run had started to buy it.

Was I mad at myself for not having bought more when prices were stable? Yes. Am I mad that the price went up $100 seemingly overnight? No. I was happy to find some in stock and am glad that it will be delivered right to my door in the coming week. Somehow I doubt we'll be able to rely on that type of service when the real apocalypse hits.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

KJ is spot on in this.

My issues with those who seem to take advantage in these situation is that I see them as carpet baggers.
    I have seen this with Harley's. People with the means ordering up the limit at every dealer they could, announcing to the world they had 2 new ones, and selling them just outside the store lot because those *******s could not ride the damn things. Saw this many times and they pissed me off for ruining the area of passion I was involved in. They ruined it. People who were long time riders could not take the insane mark ups they put on them and even the used market was trashed. Once they had exacted the toll they moved on.

Same with muscle cars and classics. I was deeply involved and watched these same snakes **** all that up to the point every idiot on the planet thinks their car is a Barrett Jackson wanna be.

This set the tone for me. The Sandy hook thing was very close to the same level except for those among us looking to make a fast buck.

Yes I am a raving conservative. KJ nailed it. But he is right in a lot of this. And I would hunt down and end anyone that hurt him or his family. Know it.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Right. It doesn't matter if it is Harleys or diapers. There is no leftist vs conservative crap. It is not political, it is situational. Sometimes there are situations, like catastrophes, where there is a shortage of something. Some people that happen to have this something can swoop in and sell it for much more than the competitive free market price because it is now a non-competitive market. It is just that simple.

The English language has a word for this - that word is gouge.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gouge
    gouge

noun

\ ˈgau̇j

Definition of gouge

(Entry 1 of 2)

1 : a chisel with a concavo-convex cross section

2a : the act of gouging
    b : a groove or cavity scooped out

3 : an excessive or improper charge for something : extortion

gouge
    verb

gouged; gouging

Definition of gouge (Entry 2 of 2)

transitive verb
    1 : to scoop out with or as if with a gouge (see gouge entry 1 sense 1)

2a : to force out (an eye) with the thumb
    b : to thrust the thumb into the eye of

3 : to make (someone) pay too much for something : overcharge

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

KJ and I go back to when we joined here. We have spent a lot of time and ammo building a solid relationship. Like minded (for the most part) people gravitate to each other.

I tend to be merciless on the ill prepared. Especially on this forum because we put it out there for all to see. And we back it up with fact.

Many things drive this.

1...Budget. Probably the most so it is #1
    2....Spousal interaction. I will just put my neck in the noose right now and say.....wow, if you have to sneak this stuff in the house (Guns/Prep) then Wow. JMHO.
    3....Denial. What a powerful force this is. Again, if you are active here this should not even be in the list. So many threads involving how much is enough and what is to much. And suddenly...Â….OMG I need (insert here) right now. And then you are in the middle of the :poop: stuck with the woman of WalMart fighting over TP.

Smoke-em if you got-em.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I happened to buy a Harley back in "the great Harley shortage". I bought a 1999 Softail Springer. The list price back then was something like $16K-$17. I had to pay $19K for one with 300 miles on it. I didn't care. I got what I wanted. He had waited the 1 1/2 to 2 year waiting period to get it and I didn't have to wait.
    Did I get gouged? Hell yes! Was I happy? Hell yes!
    That is what the word means.

Top Bottom