• ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    If I see start seeing boxes of 22 regularly on Walmart shelves and the price settles to around $20, I'm going to buy at least 100,000 rounds. When the repubs start their "if Hillary wins, she's going to ban our guns!!!!!1!!!!" crap, I'm going to cash in.

Thought the same thing.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Don't let hornadylnl get you going... LOL :stickpoke: He's just a big ol' meanie!
    It is about me. Walmart is supposed to have whatever I want at the moment I want and at the price I want. All other shoppers should be aware of whatever I want at the moment I want it and leave whatever I want on the shelves. It's about me. They're not entitled to get there before I do and buy in quantity because it denies me of my wants.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Seriously, I plan on dropping $10-20k on ammo in the next year. 223, 7.62x39, and 22. Even if I buy at Walmart prices and sell at Walmart prices, what better return could I make right now than ammo? 2% on a bank CD?

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Thank you flippers for turning my 10/22 into a permanent safe queen.

It's not the flippers who are buying up all the .22LR. I wish people would come to that realization. The majority of .22LR buyers are purchasing it for themselves. Sure, there are some that are buying it to flip, but they are a tiny minority.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    It's not the flippers who are buying up all the .22LR. I wish people would come to that realization. The majority of .22LR buyers are purchasing it for themselves. Sure, there are some that are buying it to flip, but they are a tiny minority.
    Probably more right than wrong right there.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End

And you can support that statement with facts, or is it in fact your opinion?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I've seen quite a few folks looking for .22 rf, and when they find it buy all they can.........not to flip, just because they don't want to run out and have to go looking all over again later.

Some of these guys are not even recreational shooters, probably burn less than a brick a yr............but they are all spooky over the lack of a supply and want to be "stocked up".

Then you have the guys who do shoot a bit, who need a good supply...........who do the same.

Remember the old days, when you needed .22 rf all you did was go to the hardware store and they had some?

A lot of old timers that never kept much of a supply on hand back in the day are all "buy whatever I can" now. Kinda funny, almost stereotypical.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Everything here is speculation, including the folks whining about the evil re-sellers.

+1 Speculation and quick to assume is all I see here.

Defend the right of others to sell their property at the price they set, and some will assume you are a flipper yourself...

Sit on what you own, and others will call you a hoarder and a part of the problem...

See someone list a bulk pack @ $50.00 and some will assume they just bought it only to turn a profit...

The speculation that some of these " flippers " are gonna eat the cost they got invested... Who really knows if they have $19.00 invested in the brick or $50.00 ? :dunno:

The speculation that interests me most is hearing some say this is about over... I really hope they are right, but with the midterms ready to start heat up, I just don't see it... We all know what the anti's wanted to do, only to fall short of the needed votes...

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I had a good supply stuck back, bought it when it was cheap and stacked it pretty deep. I did not let the "shortage" slow us down shooting much last year but I like to replace what I shoot and could not do that. The year before, I did not replace any that the kids and I shot up since I had plenty... then the shortage hit after the school shooting. This year I have managed to score a couple of bulk packs at a fair price from other Ingo members and that is all the kids and I will shoot up later unless I can start replacing it easier. I do not want to get down to a couple of boxes like some people I know have done.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Every few weeks or so I stop in at Cabella's in on the way to work. when I go, I generally get there a couple of minutes before they open. There are usually 10 to 15 guys standing there waiting. When the doors open, ~ 5 or so head straight to the ammo area where they keep the 22LR. I'm 3 for 3 the last 3 trips. Just got a brick of federal for $24 out the door.

In the line to pay we get to talking. Like me, most guys are just thankful they found some for themselves and their kids to shoot. I haven't heard anyone talking about flipping it. Not saying no one is anymore, but as mentioned I do think fewer people are willing to pay $75/brick.

Everything is worth what people are willing to pay, and if people are willing to pay that much, there will be people who will sell it for that much. That doesn't make anyone evil for charging what people are willing to pay. It's just free market capitalism.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    just got home from sending about 100 rounds of .22lr downrange. :)

Much (not all) of the time speculation is based on visible activity. I have seen PSA selling .22lr for about .10 per round, selling out in no time. By the time these folks paid shipping there wasn't much left for profit margin by selling for $75 per brick. I am going to (speculate, presume, etc) that these buyers were end users based on these numbers.

From my observation demand (tolerance) has dropped for $75 bricks & many of the retailers have limited purchases to 1 brick, so who wants to stand in line & spend excessive amounts of time to buy & then sell 1 brick?

I could be completely off here but this is how I see it.

Top Bottom