• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Remember, we are a Capitalist nation. At least for the time being. That means people are entitled to turn a buck any legal way they can. When that all ends, it's called communism. Or as Obama like to refer to it as, "Income Equality" & "Social Justice" to "Level the playing field".

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Remember, we are a Capitalist nation. At least for the time being. That means people are entitled to turn a buck any legal way they can. When that all ends, it's called communism. Or as Obama like to refer to it as, "Income Equality" & "Social Justice" to "Level the playing field".

At the end of the day, this is the only explanation necessary. Having said that, if any of yall that are good at finding .22lr wanna hook me up with a single bulk box at cost, I wouldn't be mad about it! :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    At the end of the day, this is the only explanation necessary. Having said that, if any of yall that are good at finding .22lr wanna hook me up with a single bulk box at cost, I wouldn't be mad about it! :):
    I figure I need to have a 3yr supply to have an effective buffer for the next crisis. So, we're talking maybe 18k rds. When I get there I'd be glad to sell you a bulk pack at cost.

But at this rate it'll be back in stock by the time I get anywhere close to my goal. I think within 6 months we'll start seeing it on the shelves regularly. And we may see the prices drop below pre-panic at some point as many people have bought all they're ever going to use.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I figure I need to have a 3yr supply to have an effective buffer for the next crisis. So, we're talking maybe 18k rds. When I get there I'd be glad to sell you a bulk pack at cost.

But at this rate it'll be back in stock by the time I get anywhere close to my goal. I think within 6 months we'll start seeing it on the shelves regularly. And we may see the prices drop below pre-panic at some point as many people have bought all they're ever going to use.

EVIL CAP-UH-TOE-LIST!

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Oh look, it's aother 22LR ammo flipper.. ;)

not quite.

I started buying 22LR ammo since July 2013, I didn't enjoy shooting it but wanted something for my 2 little boys. I bought my first gun in 22LR(Marlin 60) during Black Friday. I sold some of the 22 on INGO at walmart prices because they didn't work well with the marlin. I don't sell any more, I'm keeping them all.

I do have a full time job and raising 2 kids, I remember many saturday and sunday mornings I put my older boy in the car seat leaving home at 7am heading out for Noblesville, Carmel, Keystone and Fishers Walmart. now I'm sitting on 20k rounds which none of them I paid over 6 cents/rd.

if you really want something bad, you'd better work hard for it. nobody is gonna put it on a silver plate delivering it on your front door.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    not quite.

I started buying 22LR ammo since July 2013, I didn't enjoy shooting it but wanted something for my 2 little boys. I bought my first gun in 22LR(Marlin 60) during Black Friday. I sold some of the 22 on INGO at walmart prices because they didn't work well with the marlin. I don't sell any more, I'm keeping them all.

I do have a full time job and raising 2 kids, I remember many saturday and sunday mornings I put my older boy in the car seat leaving home at 7am heading out for Noblesville, Carmel, Keystone and Fishers Walmart. now I'm sitting on 20k rounds which none of them I paid over 6 cents/rd.

if you really want something bad, you'd better work hard for it. nobody is gonna put it on a silver plate delivering it on your front door.

I wasn't referring to you ljk, but rather the person I responded to who shows up in every one of these threads and defends to purity of these flippers. Strikes me as someone that has some skin in the game, a vested interest if you will. I have betweem 1200 and 1500 rounds in my closet for shooting with the kids. I get my name on a waiting list at a local gunstore and usually get a consistant 100 rounds every week. I have no need nor use for flippers.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Odd, I have the same rifle and have never found anything that it wouldn't shoot. I know a lot of people do not break these guns down and clean them properly, and these rifles typically keep plugging away despite this. Just curious, do you field strip and clean your model 60 fairly regularly? And what was the nature of the problem? Failure to feed? Failure to eject?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wasn't referring to you ljk, but rather the person I responded to who shows up in every one of these threads and defends to purity of these flippers. Strikes me as someone that has some skin in the game, a vested interest if you will. I have betweem 1200 and 1500 rounds in my closet for shooting with the kids. I get my name on a waiting list at a local gunstore and usually get a consistant 100 rounds every week. I have no need nor use for flippers.

please explain the specific evil of "flippers". What makes what they do so utterly sinful to you? Do you think they're responsible for the empty shelves? When all the big box stores are selling it for nearly the same price as before, and with a market that is willing to pay $75 for a lousy Winchester bulk pack, do you think it would stay on the shelves?

Maybe you'll also think that I'm defending "flippers" so I must be one. Well, I shoot what I buy. If I'm defending anything, it's free market Capitalism. And I'm pointing out that you're blaming the wrong culprit for this predicament.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    please explain the specific evil of "flippers". What makes what they do so utterly sinful to you? Do you think they're responsible for the empty shelves? When all the big box stores are selling it for nearly the same price as before, and with a market that is willing to pay $75 for a lousy Winchester bulk pack, do you think it would stay on the shelves?

Maybe you'll also think that I'm defending "flippers" so I must be one. Well, I shoot what I buy. If I'm defending anything, it's free market Capitalism. And I'm pointing out that you're blaming the wrong culprit for this predicament.

I can't live the lifestyle I want because my greedy employer doesn't pay me enough.

I can't shoot what I want because the greedy flippers deny me the opportunity.

In both cases, my choices had no effect on the predicament I'm in. It's the greedy bastards who are at fault.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I did the same thing before this crisis. I stocked up and am sitting on around 20k rounds still. Unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to shoot it during the shortage. My mind kept thinking about how expensive it would be to replace it... maybe if I had 50k rounds then I wouldn't have worried about it... yeah, that's it... i just need to buy more as soon as it gets back in stock at normal levels...that's the ticket.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Odd, I have the same rifle and have never found anything that it wouldn't shoot. I know a lot of people do not break these guns down and clean them properly, and these rifles typically keep plugging away despite this. Just curious, do you field strip and clean your model 60 fairly regularly? And what was the nature of the problem? Failure to feed? Failure to eject?

That is my situation as well. I have 3 Marlin Model 60's, and all of them will shoot anything. And shoot it accurately I might add. As with most .22 semi autos, they tend to get filthy in short order because of the blowback action. They do require much more frequent cleaning because of that. Nothing that a coffee can full of clean Kerosene, a stiff bristled paint brush, and a air hose won't take care of in 5 minutes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I did the same thing before this crisis. I stocked up and am sitting on around 20k rounds still. Unfortunately I couldn't bring myself to shoot it during the shortage. My mind kept thinking about how expensive it would be to replace it... maybe if I had 50k rounds then I wouldn't have worried about it... yeah, that's it... i just need to buy more as soon as it gets back in stock at normal levels...that's the ticket.

Yeah, that's just the psychology of a shooting addict. I had a similar problem with 9mm. As it turns out I had enough to continue my usual weekly habbit, but I couldn't bring myself to shoot more than once per month or so. So now I have a lot more 9mm than I did when the crisis started. But it makes me feel all prepared and stuff, dammit. So I'm still going to go for stockpiling 18k rds of .22. At the current rate it will take awhile to get there. I'm shooting up about half of what I'm able to find.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I wasn't referring to you ljk, but rather the person I responded to who shows up in every one of these threads and defends to purity of these flippers.

Defending "the purity of the flippers", is in itself defending capitalism. Nothing more or less. The only way you can prevent these type of people is through limits on purchases, and price controls. As for me, I think the latter is far more annoying and dangerous to contend with than the "flippers".

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Defending "the purity of the flippers", is in itself defending capitalism. Nothing more or less. The only way you can prevent these type of people is through limits on purchases, and price controls. As for me, I think the latter is far more annoying and dangerous to contend with than the "flippers".

^ This.

I make a living selling computers. I defend capitalism, not whiny forum users ;)

Top Bottom