• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scott223

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The website Luckygunner.com has several types of 223/5.56 ammunition. In stock from 20rd to 1000rd. It's not the greatest prices but its not the worst either. At least they have sone

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Holy hell, cheapest is 78 cents a round and that's steel case :n00b:

Lots of places have ammo in stock for nutty prices.

Yeah, the best thing to do is only buy what you have to.

For me, I've switched to pistol calibers (9 and 45) and .22lr and 5.45x39 for all my shooting.

I'm not buying at these prices. I simply won't. A year or two from now? We'll see. These prices can't hold and they won't. The flood gates will give way.

.22lr is 50 bucks per 500 or more, lol. CCI produces nearly 5 million rounds of .22lr... PER DAY. That doesn't include all the other companies.

Prices will fall, just going to take consumers lowering the demand.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Yeah, the best thing to do is only buy what you have to.

For me, I've switched to pistol calibers (9 and 45) and .22lr and 5.45x39 for all my shooting.

I'm not buying at these prices. I simply won't. A year or two from now? We'll see. These prices can't hold and they won't. The flood gates will give way.

.22lr is 50 bucks per 500 or more, lol. CCI produces nearly 5 million rounds of .22lr... PER DAY. That doesn't include all the other companies.

Prices will fall, just going to take consumers lowering the demand.

Agreed. I have plenty of ammo at reasonable prices to keep me for a while.

I'm not paying panic prices.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    referring to the quote again, like you 38spl, what a nutty price for AK Ammo you have on yours but I am sure you'll get it and I think you should. We all gotta eat.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    referring to the quote again, like you 38spl, what a nutty price for AK Ammo you have on yours but I am sure you'll get it and I think you should. We all gotta eat.

You sure do respond to me a lot for having me "on your ignore list".

In any case, you could clearly see my 7.62x39 sold already, 8 hours before you posted this.

Which brings up another question - how did you see my listing if I'm on your ignore list?

A couple possibilities: 1) I'm not on your ignore list, as you have claimed is the case. 2) You're actively seeking out my posts despite my being on your ignore list.

Of course, that would defeat the purpose of putting one on your ignore list. I wish you'd actually follow through with your ignore list, honestly.

:dunno:

More amusing is of course that fact that you won't respond to this so you can continue the farce that you don't click "view" on every one of my posts.

As for my ammo, I asked less than market value which is why it sold within 12 hours of my listing it and had 3 people behind that buyer also interested.

So yes, ammo prices are nutty all over. Mine was not.

Last edited:

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have been reading and watching all the post on ammo the price of ammo is what it is at this point ,you do not have to buy at a high price there are some ammo out at a fair price for the time it will all come back around but this is a good lesson for all ,I will not be caught with low ammo again after it all settles down

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Lots of places have ammo in stock for nutty prices.

I've noticed, i think we've moved into phase 2 of the panic.

Phase 1 = nobody had anything in stock regardless of price.
    Phase 2 = you can find it, but you'll have to pay for it
    Phase 3 = box stores will start getting more in at slightly inflated prices.

I'm actually encourged to see all this stuff in stock. No chance in heck that i'm paying the asking price though!

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    Notice all big places have ammo at stupid high prices and its still there... All the normal priced ammo is gonna. People are not really paying the $1 a round for .223/5.56 right now. Wally Worlds around Indy got a HUGH shipment of .22lr 9mm .223 /5.56 today... So the normal stores that haven't raised prices so high are getting more and more in at a time. Linda made me think that maybe they waited to put out .22lr out after they had a good selection to do so? I could be wrong but that's what it kinda looked like to me today 8-)

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I have been reading and watching all the post on ammo the price of ammo is what it is at this point ,you do not have to buy at a high price there are some ammo out at a fair price for the time it will all come back around but this is a good lesson for all ,I will not be caught with low ammo again after it all settles down

This is truth. But you see - many people are just unhappy. They need something to whine about.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    Lucky Gunner has had 223 in stock for a log while. Most people won't pay $1 round anymore for it. So thus they have had the same stuff I. Stock (yes I look daily)

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Lucky Gunner has had 223 in stock for a log while. Most people won't pay $1 round anymore for it. So thus they have had the same stuff I. Stock (yes I look daily)

The free market has decided $1 a round is too much.

It's a good thing. They'll lower their price as the market goes down or they'll sit on the product.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have been waiting for the delivery days at the sporting goods stores, have some success and finding a couple boxes straight off the truck at normal prices.i have been lucky at dunhams several weeks in a row and got some great deals on .45 and .308. takes a while but it is worth the wait to avoid these insane online prices.

Armored Saint

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Columbus, Indiana
    Yeah, I agree with the Phase 2 assessment. The ammo is starting to show up on the shelves. Just be patient. When the greedy ammo hoarders are finished filling up their shelves at inflated prices, the rest of us will get a chance at a better deal...just be patient.

Top Bottom