• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blacknwhite

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2016
    southwest
    I'm confused based on the differences that I see in the description compared to what I see in the video. It looks like fun either way and I guess the best way to get it figured out is to go to the next match, unfortunately I've been on call for the past 2 matches.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    I'm confused based on the differences that I see in the description compared to what I see in the video. It looks like fun either way and I guess the best way to get it figured out is to go to the next match, unfortunately I've been on call for the past 2 matches.

the matches at Riley are not exactly like the ones in the video

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

The video is another style of long range .22LR match.
    The Riley match looks to be much more simple to compete in. Less dependent on top tier equipment, ammo and skills.

Here is the match description from the first Riley match announcement:

Riley Conservation Club will be hosting a long range .22 rimfire silhouette (critter targets) event on Sunday April 30. I shot a high power event like this while on vacation and had a blast. We're down sizing it to rimfire to fit our range.

The purpose of this shoot is to simulate what might be encountered during a varmint hunt, with targets of various shapes/sizes and various distances within a specified time frame. This is an accuracy oriented event with a reasonable time element.

Format: 22 Long Rifle only, no 22 Mag or 17 caliber anything. Targets are sized and distanced in such a way that a 22 rimfire capable of 2 MOA can be competitive, so almost any Ruger, Remington, CZ etc is capable. One shot at each of 5 different targets at 3 different distances with 2:30 minutes. Total round count is 40, if time allows we can bump it to 60.

Knockdown targets will be at 75, 110, and 165 yards. You need a scope that tracks well and can elevate to shoot 165 yards (or use a 20 minute base, or shims, etc). Scoring is simple, target falls is a hit, all else are misses.

Shooting position is prone with bipod or clothing filled backpack. No sandbags, slings, or rear support other than the shooters hand/arm. No heavy glove or other accessory aid. Physically challenged shooters who are unable to shoot prone may shoot from a seated bench.

Shooters will be squaded. When not firing, shooters will be expected to spot/score for other shooters in their squad. This helps encourage single shooters to participate. We can accommodate 5 squads at one time.

A 20 minute sight in period will be allowed prior to shooting for score. This allows a quick check of scope zero at each distance.

The desire is to put semi-autos, bolt guns, and single shots on an equal playing field within the 2:30 minute time frame. As such, all rifles will be loaded/fired as single shots.

$15 entry fee, Lewis class payback (payback schedule will be posted day of match). The Lewis payback allows lesser skilled shooters to share some of the pot.

10:15 am Registration closes, shooter meeting, rules, announcements
    10:30 am Sighting in period
    10:50 am Reset & paint targets
    11:00 am Shoot for score

Top Bottom