• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    CCI Standard Velocity is a great "tweener" load - generally provides very good accuracy in a broad range of rifles and is less expensive (especially by the brick or case) than any real "match" 22LR ammunition.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    I've had really good luck with Federal Auto-Match. It's more accurate and reliable than other bulk pack stuff, and you have to be a good shooter and have good equipment to tell the difference in accuracy between it and "the good stuff." My 10/22 loves it, and everything else I have does good with it too. I haven't found any .22 rifle or handgun that doesn't like it.

Palmetto State has it in stock (and has had for a while now) for $26/325 before shipping. Limit 3 boxes.

Last edited:

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Agree on both of the above, CCI standard and Federal Auto-Match. There are probably others. When Midway has Federal in stock, it's $17 for 325 pack, limit 1.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I have a number of different makes/models of rimfire. Of course CCI Mini-Mags are the standard of reliability and accuracy IMO. However, my Tactical Solutions AR-22 like Lapua Master-L for a 1/2" group at 50 yds on a calm day; but it won't cycle the bolt if the temp is below 65*. All my rifles like Federal Auto-Match & shoot well with it.

Here's a thread by a guy with WAY too much time on his hands, relative to your question: .22LR Rimfire Ammo Comparison Test within AccurateShooter.com

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Hunting: I prefer CCI Mini-Mag 22LR HP. 36 or 40 grain. I have run countless rounds through different 10/22s and have had the best results.

Top Bottom