• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I bought my first rifle when I was around 12.
    I bought my first shotgun when I was around 14.

Take a wild guess re: my thoughts on this BS.

It strikes me that the more .gov has stuck its nose into matters, the worse things have become.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

It strikes me that the more .gov has stuck its nose into matters, the worse things have become.
    Absolute truth.

Oh, and you're old! :stickpoke: :p

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

"About the time that Daddy left to fight the big war
    Saw my first pistol in the general store
    In the general store, when I was thirteen
    Thought it was the finest thing I ever had seen" -- Steve Earle ;)

Billythekid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Indianapolis
    So with the recent events in Texas, I’ve been thinking.

I think we can all agree that the average moral character of our current day youth is much much lower than what it was 20, 30, 50 years ago right?

Throw broken up homes and who knows what kind of trauma and bullying. No real parents or parenting to teach kids how to deal with conflicts or controlling their emotions.

They go through the worst few years of anyone’s life (teen years) and are depressed, lonely, angry, surrounded by violence and wickedness of every sort.

Then on their 18th birthday, they can buy an AR and let their lack of impulse control guide their actions?

I know it’s anathema to 2A to infringe, but maybe letting these troubled teens get past their 18th, 19th, and 20th year of life is not a horrible idea before we allow them to purchase a gun.

Doesn’t mean if you have a well rounded teen that you can’t personally gift them a weapon, but maybe these emotional basket cases shouldn’t be allowed to buy one at the tail end of their worst years when their brain is still not fully formed.

This ain’t 1950 anymore.

We don’t let folks legally buy alcohol or pot until they’re 21.

Why?

They’re 18 and they can go die for our country, but they can’t buy a beer?

Is it not because we as a society have decided that 18-20 year olds still have poor decision making skill sets and impulse control problems?

The other side is always talking about “common sense gun control.”

Problem is, those on the other side of the aisle want to infringe more and more.

Give them an inch and they’ll take a mile.

We’re trying to solve a problem and not even looking at the core issue.

It’s not guns. It’s kids growing up with absentee parents. Absentee fathers (whether they are there physically or not) is our #1 problem in society.

You can’t destroy the family, the foundation of society, and not see these massacres come to pass.

On that note, you can’t tell people that they have no meaning or purpose, that they just accidentally existed, make it socially acceptable to kill our unborn children, that pleasure and happiness should be our ultimate goal, and then not expect these things to continue.

We got problems. We’re not even looking at the real ones…

So raise your kids. Turn off the TV and spend time with them. Teach them good values. Teach them how to think and defend themselves physically and mentally.

And goodness gracious, can we make all schools only have one entrance with an armed guard at the door, in the meantime?
    i agree with wat you said,, except one door, how would the get out if there was a fire??

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    That bonehead Gregg Gutfield said he would be in favor of being 21 before buying a assault rifle, but not make it a law, make it a only a experiment for 6 yrs. and then see if there is a difference. What???? He expects it not to be a law and every 18, 19 and 20 year old is going to volunteer not to buy one until 21. Good grief this bonehead has drank the same stuff Geraldo has been drinking now....Gregg has officially gone down the libertarian toilet.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    If the age to purchase arms (firearms or any other weapon) is to be 21, then the age of majority, voting, ascension to the unorganized militia, and age for conscription must all be raised to 21. If my servants in Congress are not willing to do ALL of those things, then they can GTH and everything stays as is.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If the age to purchase arms (firearms or any other weapon) is to be 21, then the age of majority, voting, ascension to the unorganized militia, and age for conscription must all be raised to 21. If my servants in Congress are not willing to do ALL of those things, then they can GTH and everything stays as is.

And, the age they can "change gender"

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    If they want to ban something,maybe they should ban these video games where you shoot other people.
    This is where our youth are learning this crap!
    There where no games like that when we where younger,and we didnt have mass shootings.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If they want to ban something,maybe they should ban these video games where you shoot other people.
    There where no games like that when we where younger,and we didnt have mass shootings.
    I played some of those games as an adult. Somehow I've managed not to go on a murderous rampage. It's not the games.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Perhaps I am.

Perhaps it is part of why I detest these mother *******. I know full well there is NOTHING to be gained in "compromising" with evil bastards spawned in Hell.
    Well, can't argue with that statement! Personally, if your not able to buy a gun until 21, then you should not be able to be drafted until that age either.

Government trying to get their cake and eat it too, if they can make you go into the military at 18.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I played some of those games as an adult. Somehow I've managed not to go on a murderous rampage. It's not the games.

I don't buy the whole video game :bs:

Played plenty of shoot em up games as a kid. Duke Nukem, Doom, Wolfenstein, etc. Those were all on computer, before video game systems.
    Hell, watched plenty of Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, etc., and have never shot, axed, knifed, blown up, etc., anyone

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't buy the whole video game :bs:

Played plenty of shoot em up games as a kid. Duke Nukem, Doom, Wolfenstein, etc. Those were all on computer, before video game systems.
    Hell, watched plenty of Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, etc., and have never shot, axed, knifed, blown up, etc., anyone
    Well, there was that one time when I dropped an anvil off a cliff... :lmfao:

Top Bottom