• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    At the HB 1235 hearing we had several red shirts. The only one who spoke was from Grannies Against Guns.
    I saw that, gave me a laugh.

Ahh well. SB 28 tomorrow.. different cast of characters. Room 130.

Interestingly SB 180 goes first tomorrow, then SB 28

Tomorrow's notes say "Testimony Only"
    1706658836113.png

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    ISRPA members saw this in their inbox yesterday. Whoever this new Co-Director of Government Affairs dude is... it looks like he copied and pasted post #388 ;)

SB 28 Scheduled for Hearing 0830 Wednesday January 31

-CONTACT YOUR SENATOR-​

SB 28 Discriminatory financial services practices (authored by Jim Tomes) is up for a hearing on Wednesday 31 January, 0830, Room 130 in the Insurance and Financial Institutions Committee. It is very similar to HB 1084, but broader in scope.

The 2A Project explains more: SB28 is our latest attempt to prevent discrimination against businesses or individuals based on their involvement in 2A-related activities or sales. But it is broader than that - it also prevents discrimination based on a "social credit score" that can penalize people or businesses based on their involvement with fossil fuels or their use (or non-use) of affirmative action considerations in hiring or "diversity, equity and inclusion" programs in the workplace. If you can spare some time on Wednesday morning, please consider coming down to the Statehouse and supporting SB28!
    FIND YOUR SENATOR: CLICK HERE
    Indiana General Assembly: CLICK HERE

Below is a draft email you can use to contact your Senator:

Senator,

I am reaching out to encourage your support for Senate Bill 28, Discriminatory Financial Services Practices. This bill was authored by Senator Tomes.

There are countless examples of banks and payment processors discriminating against law-abiding citizens, businesses, and industries because of activities that are legal and constitutionally protected.

Large banks including Citibank have discriminated against firearms retailers, manufacturers and other firearms-related businesses including training. A JP Morgan/Chase-owned payment processor refused service based solely on the political affiliation of a guest speaker. The North Dakota coal industry has had significant problems maintaining insurance due to Environmental Social Governance (ESG) scores.

SB 28 codifies Social Credit Scores, and allows Hoosiers to take legal action when discrimination occurs. Social Credit Scores were developed by the Chinese Communist Party to control the population. Such activity is abhorrent to freedom-loving Americans, but seen as an opportunity to eliminate dissent by those in charge of financial service providers.

I know I can count on your support of this vital legislation.

Thank you,

Name

Address

Phone
    If you ain't reached out to your Senator on SB 28... it's a good time to do it.

If you have reached out to your Senator, hit reply to all and send it again!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I saw that, gave me a laugh.

Ahh well. SB 28 tomorrow.. different cast of characters. Room 130.

Interestingly SB 180 goes first tomorrow, then SB 28

Tomorrow's notes say "Testimony Only"
    View attachment 329406
    I'm not sure on this (SB 180 does look interesting as much as I hate to say) but this could be an effort to get everyone behind HB 1084. From speaking to someone on it this evening 1084 is a more narrow focus and accomplishes much the same things.

Senator Baldwin is the Senate sponsor of 1084, and he is also the Committee Chair of Insurance and Financial Institutions. Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidence.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm not sure on this (SB 180 does look interesting as much as I hate to say) but this could be an effort to get everyone behind HB 1084. From speaking to someone on it this evening 1084 is a more narrow focus and accomplishes much the same things.

Senator Baldwin is the Senate sponsor of 1084, and he is also the Committee Chair of Insurance and Financial Institutions. Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidence.
    You may be right. We will see. I know that if the senate and house manage to pass conflicting or duplicate bills it can start some messy processes. Now I realize the SB is more wide ranging bill, but its going to conflict with the House Bill if both were passed. because of the short Indiana sessions they tend to avoid it like the plague.

At list point it may be more expedient to amend the passed house bill with the stuff from SB 28 and then go to a conference committee. Or ignore HB 1084 and go for the big score with SB 28. Which maybe more expedient.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    You may be right. We will see. I know that if the senate and house manage to pass conflicting or duplicate bills it can start some messy processes. Now I realize the SB is more wide ranging bill, but its going to conflict with the House Bill if both were passed. because of the short Indiana sessions they tend to avoid it like the plague.

At list point it may be more expedient to amend the passed house bill with the stuff from SB 28 and then go to a conference committee. Or ignore HB 1084 and go for the big score with SB 28. Which maybe more expedient.
    Mooting it with SB 28 while holding HB 1084 in reserve until SB 28 passes the House could be a strategy.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I'll catch up with the HB 1084 passage tomorrow when the video is posted. I have to hear what Verbosity Vern has to say. It's entertaining.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    After today the session is at halftime. The bill up first in the Insurance and Financial Institutions Committee (SB 180 Digital Currency) actually looks interesting. Senator Koch from Bedford is the author, he's good people.

Looks like Jeff AKA Skid (known associate of @Bollorollo ) will be there today. If that Gregory dude from the HB 1084 hearing is there I'll make sure to introduce myself.

The "testify" buttons have been MIA on the Senate-side all week. We'll be kickin it old-school and filling out paper forms I guess.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Senate Committee Livestream screen is up . . . with a "Will Begin Shortly" Title Card. Should be changed to read "Will Begin Late (as usual)".

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    SB 180 discussion is interesting. It is as I suspected after reading the summary of the bill. I already knew some about CBDC and COMMIE China's use of it with Social Credit Scores. Imagine what would happen if there was CBDC plus the banking tracking of and reporting of firearm and ammo related transactions.

Top Bottom