• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So numbers then, whats the list we want to pass.

Add House Bill 1308 to the list.
    1308 is the Sammy Hagar bill?? :D

With Ben Smaltz and Chris Judy on the bill I would jump on board just because they are both great supporters of the 2A.

I'm not bored this year, I'll be there for 1084 and 1235 in the Senate. Sometime in the future? I'll get on board with a bill like this. Maybe I'll oppose a bill at random because Liz Brown supports it... oh yeah!

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    One of the noxious questions by Verbosity Vernon during the HB 1084 hearing was asking why a person cannot just pay cash for firearms and firearms related products instead of using a credit or debit card.

That's a bit difficult to do if you need an obscure repair part for an old shotgun and want to order it from Brownells in Iowa. Same with ordering an unusual optic for a pistol from Opticsplanet in Illinois, or a revolver from Rural King online from their warehouse in Illinois for delivery to a local Rural King store as it's not in stock in the local store. Would we be expected to drive to Iowa, or Illinois, with a wad of cash to make such purchases in person . . . if that's even possible? They're set up to take credit or debit cards online, not cash, or even a paper check.

Writing a check is problematic. Not only is all your ID on it, so is your checking account number and the institution's routing number, the latter two in magnificent magnetic ink. Just an image of it can be used to generate countless checks to drain your account. It's why I DO NOT use a paper check for anything if at all avoidable. It's a major reason public mail drop boxes and mail delivery trucks are targeted . . . the paper checks being mailed.

The absurdity of the question left me jaw-dropping astonied. He was grasping at anything to make an argument against the bill. As Guy Relford hinted at tonight, one wonders how many functioning synapses they have between their ears, or how gullible and stupid they think we and everyone else are. I'm leaning toward both in lacking ability to extemporaneously come up with a coherent argument against the bill, and insulting our intelligence thinking we could be bamboozled by it.

I can bet when SB 28 gets to the House, Verbosity Vernon will strike again.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    One of the noxious questions by Verbosity Vernon during the HB 1084 hearing was asking why a person cannot just pay cash for firearms and firearms related products instead of using a credit or debit card.

That's a bit difficult to do if you need an obscure repair part for an old shotgun and want to order it from Brownells in Iowa. Same with ordering an unusual optic for a pistol from Opticsplanet in Illinois, or a revolver from Rural King online from their warehouse in Illinois for delivery to a local Rural King store as it's not in stock in the local store. Would we be expected to drive to Iowa, or Illinois, with a wad of cash to make such purchases in person . . . if that's even possible? They're set up to take credit or debit cards online, not cash, or even a paper check.

Writing a check is problematic. Not only is all your ID on it, so is your checking account number and the institution's routing number, the latter two in magnificent magnetic ink. Just an image of it can be used to generate countless checks to drain your account. It's why I DO NOT use a paper check for anything if at all avoidable. It's a major reason public mail drop boxes and mail delivery trucks are targeted . . . the paper checks being mailed.

The absurdity of the question left me jaw-dropping astonied. He was grasping at anything to make an argument against the bill. As Guy Relford hinted at tonight, one wonders how many functioning synapses they have between their ears, or how gullible and stupid they think we and everyone else are. I'm leaning toward both in lacking ability to extemporaneously come up with a coherent argument against the bill, and insulting our intelligence thinking we could be bamboozled by it.

I can bet when SB 28 gets to the House, Verbosity Vernon will strike again.
    Post #311 has the time points for the video from the HB 1084 hearing. When my wife watched the 5+ minutes of Vernon's "questions" at one point she looked at me and said, "That was stupid!"

@JAL I do have a draft with the wheelbarrow full of ammo from the Jim Jordan press release.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Note to self, pull money out of credit unions
    Not all credit unions are anti-gun. I know one that advertises in the NRA magazines, and has a booth at the NRA annual meetings. In the interest of full disclosure, I may (or may not) work at said credit union. Though no branches in Indiana.

Plus for those that think they are not regulated, they are. We under go auditing 2 to 3 times a year. This isn't the Savings and Loan of old.

Reactions: JAL

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Post #311 has the time points for the video from the HB 1084 hearing. When my wife watched the 5+ minutes of Vernon's "questions" at one point she looked at me and said, "That was stupid!"

@JAL I do have a draft with the wheelbarrow full of ammo from the Jim Jordan press release.
    Hence why apparently someone felt the need to send a message to shush him. Lol

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not all credit unions are anti-gun. I know one that advertises in the NRA magazines, and has a booth at the NRA annual meetings. In the interest of full disclosure, I may (or may not) work at said credit union. Though no branches in Indiana.

Plus for those that think they are not regulated, they are. We under go auditing 2 to 3 times a year. This isn't the Savings and Loan of old.
    That was purely based on the guy who testified for the CUs. I was not impressed.

Edit: and I was a bit surly after 11+ minutes of dumb questions.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hence why apparently someone felt the need to send a message to shush him. Lol
    The LSA in the committee hearing was a bit more "seasoned" than most. Most would've caught "IP Freely" or "Hugh Jass".

Reactions: JAL

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    But what about Heywood Jablome?
    Crass joke names wouldn't be appropriate for the decorum of a legislative body. Watch the debates, testimony behavior, and rules they have regarding decorum -- including obscene language -- implemented and enforced to prevent legislators from coming to blows as they have and continue to do in some other countries. Not conducive to getting the work of a legislature done. You beat them with incontrovertible facts and the receipts to back them up -- which lets their antics and shenanigans with dumb-ass questions to counter them make them look utterly stupid.

The name signed up did what it needed to do and sent the message it needed to send, but it was on the very edge.

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Crass joke names wouldn't be appropriate for the decorum of a legislative body. Watch the debates, testimony behavior, and rules they have regarding decorum -- including obscene language -- implemented and enforced to prevent legislators from coming to blows as they have and continue to do in some other countries. Not conducive to getting the work of a legislature done. You beat them with incontrovertible facts and the receipts to back them up -- which lets their antics and shenanigans with dumb-ass questions to counter them make them look utterly stupid.

The name signed up did what it needed to do and sent the message it needed to send, but it was on the very edge.
    Get the right kind of reputation there, and when someone challenges something you've said, those that know you will tell them: "If [enter name here] said it, you can take it to the bank." Shooting from the hip thinking nobody will figure out you've fabricated something almost always eventually ends badly. Saw it happen too many times in the military and in the corporate world. Integrity is everything.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    SB 1235 is up for 3rd reading! No amendments, time for a vote. Then it goes to the Senate and starts the process again.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Draft email supporting HB 1235 is below. ISRPA members: if the email you get in the near future looks familiar...

Representative,​

I am reaching out to encourage your support for House Bill 1235, Prohibited Causes of Action Concerning Firearms. This bill was authored by Representative Jeter and co-authored by Representatives Manning and Davis.

This bill prohibits political subdivisions from filing nuisance lawsuits against firearms and ammunition manufacturers, dealers, sellers, and trade associations.

HB 1235 would also put an end to a 25-year-old lawsuit (Gary v Glock) that is currently putting the personal information on an estimated 400,000 ATF Form 4473s at risk.

This bill has a hearing in the Judiciary Committee on Wednesday morning. I know I can count on your support of this vital legislation.

Thank you,

Name

Address

Phone
    HB 1235 is up for 3rd reading (vote on House Floor.) today! Should clear this hurdle then goes to the Senate. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Senate committees look like consecutive Wednesdays 14/21/28 Feb.

I look for this one to go... to the Senate Judiciary Committee :rolleyes:

Top Bottom