• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My inside-source info is limited at this point. Looks like Fady's bill will be DOA, I didn't set out to pull data to oppose this but sometimes things work that way.

Heard from Guy after the town hall on Thursday that he looked for the NSSF (National Shooting Sports Foundation) to be pushing a stronger bill protecting gun owners/businesses from discrimination from financial institutions.

Hopefully we can get the "fix Nantz v State" bill a hearing in the House. Wendy McNamara may need attention gotten.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My inside-source info is limited at this point. Looks like Fady's bill will be DOA, I didn't set out to pull data to oppose this but sometimes things work that way.

Heard from Guy after the town hall on Thursday that he looked for the NSSF (National Shooting Sports Foundation) to be pushing a stronger bill protecting gun owners/businesses from discrimination from financial institutions.

Hopefully we can get the "fix Nantz v State" bill a hearing in the House. Wendy McNamara may need attention gotten.
    Well the NSSF thing sounds turbo good.

Anything pop up about balistic knives or selling cars on sunday.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well the NSSF thing sounds turbo good.

Anything pop up about balistic knives or selling cars on sunday.
    I have a draft started from last year on the NSSF one, it didn't get on my scope last year in the form it was in.

If ballistic knives get on the Radar I'll see what I can do. I'm not a knife-guy but these are "arms".

Selling cars on Sunday!!?? I will show up to oppose and use the phrase "polyester-wearing sharks circling" in my testimony.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have a draft started from last year on the NSSF one, it didn't get on my scope last year in the form it was in.

If ballistic knives get on the Radar I'll see what I can do. I'm not a knife-guy but these are "arms".

Selling cars on Sunday!!?? I will show up to oppose and use the phrase "polyester-wearing sharks circling" in my testimony.
    1701714299323.gif

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Exhibit A: polyester-clad shark. With the Herb Tarlek shoes!!
    I dunno. I show up to these places, and usually ask about the 97 or 98 something on the back of the lot..
    They deflate and go.. ohh that thing.. yeah its back there if you want to look at it.

Mind you. The one car lot I go to the guy is pretty cool, its an old guy in jeans a a work shirt. Just waves from inside, he knows I will head in and ask if I need anything.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

Anyway I did find this.

But nothing too interesting hinted there.

Sounds like we are in for a quietish year.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Anyway I did find this.

But nothing too interesting hinted there.

Sounds like we are in for a quietish year.
    The school stuff is getting hyped in the news. It'll be good for clicks and ratings so we'll hear a lot about it.

Should be able to get some Intel soon.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Swords and Spears. Push for Swords and Spears! :)

Whaat do yo uhave against selling cars on Sundays? :drill::chuck:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I have been engaging with my Representative Mrs. Becky Cash. She has a focus on medical liberty, but I have corresponded with her and pushed her to support other items I have a strong interest in, including fixing Nantz.

My formal letter to her was rather long, so I won't bore you with the wall of text.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Swords and Spears. Push for Swords and Spears! :)

Whaat do yo uhave against selling cars on Sundays? :drill::chuck:
    I like being able to look at cars on a nice Sunday PM without polyester-clad sharks circling.

I ask for so little: fix Nantz v State, no polyester sharks on Sunday.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have been engaging with my Representative Mrs. Becky Cash. She has a focus on medical liberty, but I have corresponded with her and pushed her to support other items I have a strong interest in, including fixing Nantz.

My formal letter to her was rather long, so I won't bore you with the wall of text.
    Just hit the return key between paragraphs and it’s all good.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Just hit the return key between paragraphs and it’s all good.
    OK, you kind of asked for it... :@ya:

"Mrs. Cash,

Understand I do not believe you can achieve any of the following yourself. Some of these items could well take a decade or more of work. I do ask however that you not dismiss these items, and begin discussions with fellow like minded (constitutionalist) Representatives.

For 2nd Amendment and Indiana Constitution Article 1 section 32 issues Zionsville has a very competent local resource in Attorney Guy Relford, of Relford Law. I encourage you to reach out to him and make his acquaintance. I believe Mr. Relford can provide introduction to other Indiana Legislature members who are concerned with restoring limited government which respects the enumerated Rights protected by our Constitutions (Federal and State).

Pledge yourself to be and govern as a Constitutionalist, and do not let others divert you from that path! Work with and direct to the best of your ability the Republican Party to become the party of the Constitution in Indiana. I have been appalled by some candidates which have been permitted to run under the Republican banner, but encouraged by others who have fought to do so (Mr. Bookwalter and yourself).

Demand those who have broken their oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States via their votes in our legislatures to undermine that very document, be evicted from the Republican Party. Eject those persons who do not uphold the Republican Party Platform from the Party, and demand the party remove all support from them.

I would like to convey what I believe are critical changes we as a State need to implement forthwith to limit the continued decline of our nation, and for Indiana again to become a leader in governance by The People. I challenge you to author and promote legislation to achieve these goals for the following items.
    1. Limits on “Emergency Powers” to be exercised by the Executive branch
      1. My suggestion is "Emergency Powers" should exist for 48 - 72 hours or until a quorum of the Indiana Legislature can be established in a location (or virtually). Once the chambers are brought together and a quorum reached, the "Emergency Powers" end. The Executive can then petition the legislature for new time limited authority to address the emergency, which is beyond existing law.​
      2. I've looked. I haven't found anywhere in the Indiana Constitution which states the Executive has magical powers of tyranny when an "Emergency" is declared. I have found where the Legislature can take some short cuts "in case of emergency", but not the Executive. (Article 4, Sec 18 & 28) What transpired during the “Covid pandemic” can never be allowed to occur again. The Executive simply cannot be trusted, and the law needs to recognize this reality. This is NOT a party issue, it is an issue of separation of powers and governance.​
    2. Require by law the Indiana Constitution and the relevance of it within the context of a Republic of Republics be taught within our public schools.
      1. Special attention to Articles 1 and 12 should be included in such legislation​
      2. Prior to receiving a High School diploma from an Indiana regulated or public school, each student should be required to read the Constitution of the United States (all of it, preambles and Amendments) and pass a comprehensive test on the Constitution and its history. In addition, each student seeking a High School diploma be required to pass an equivalent to the United States Citizenship test, or a more difficult, test.​
      3. Prior to receiving a High School diploma from an Indiana regulated or public school, each student should be required to read the Indiana Constitution, and pass a comprehensive test upon the content of the Indiana Constitution, including Articles 1 and 12.​
      4. Editorializing or interpreting by instructors shall be prohibited.​

3. Ensure the vote is secure One citizen, One vote, with a paper backup which by law must be the primary determinant of election outcome.
      1. There must be severe penalties for those who subvert our elections, whether through ballot trafficking, ballot harvesting, or any other method which contaminates the vote. Electronic Voting is categorically impossible to accomplish and protect against fraud, therefore there must ALWAYS be a paper trail and it MUST take precedence. The bar to demand a recount of the paper must be low.

4. There need to be harsh, even extreme, penalties for persons in government service (schools, child welfare, law enforcement, judiciary) who do not act on evidence of persons who present a danger to the community. Federal rules and incentives which work counter to this goal should be offset by the State to ensure reporting is robust.
      1. All to often after the most recent shooting by a deranged individual, we find the person had a long history of threats and law enforcement or academic interaction which strongly suggested the individual was a danger to others. Those who did nothing are as guilty of the atrocity as the shooter and need to be held accountable. (If you need further information, have you staff present you with the history of the Pulse nightclub, Marjory Stoneman, Dayton, Nashville Covenant School and Lewiston Main shooters among the many for which adequate knowledge of their disturbing behavior was known. There exist plenty of laws and a judicial system to make them prohibited persons)​
    5. See item 2 above, and specifically The Indiana Constitution Article 1 Section 32 and Article 12; and the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. This is a need which State government must address. Historically this Nation and State could be said to produce an adequate number of citizens with knowledge of arms and militia responsibility. The urbanization of Indiana and these United States has left us bereft of that cadre of citizen militia which are capable of understanding and meeting their militia responsibilities, but awash in those with access to arms which they do not know how to use or why. (simply yanking on a trigger doesn't count) Indiana can easily be a leader in this arena by addressing the items below.
      1. Require all schools which receive Indiana government funding to offer and require demonstration of firearms marksmanship during the High School years, based upon the standard U.S. Military or NRA marksmanship guidelines.
        1. The marksmanship training should entail both rimfire and centerfire handgun and rifle proficiency demonstration.​
        2. Students who DO NOT pass the marksmanship demonstration must be required to disclose this status to the State when registering for the Selective Service.​
        3. The State should petition the Federal government to require all citizens who did not pass the marksmanship demonstration in (a) above be selected for Selective Service, prior to selection of those citizens who did pass as these persons will require additional training.​
      2. Indiana should lead the way to restoration of the militia as a natural and capable deterrent to foreign and domestic threats. Indiana can achieve this goal by accomplishing item 5 above, and ensuring all our youth understand their responsibility and duty pursuant to USC Title 10 246 (see below) and Constitution of Indiana ARTICLE 12 Militia.​
        1. " The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.​

(b) The classes of the militia are-​
        2. the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and​
        3. the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia."​
        4. Article 12, Section 1. A militia shall be provided and shall consist of all persons over the age of seventeen (17) years, except those persons who may be exempted by the laws of the United States or of this state. The militia may be divided into active and inactive classes and consist of such military organizations as may be provided by law.​
    6. Amend Indiana's "Red Flag" law to place short duration hard timelines on the return of property and the restoration of all rights unless an individual is adjudicated mentally ill or a danger to others. Adjudication must be determined on a priority timeline, as it impacts a citizens Rights.
      1. Amend Indiana's "Red Flag" law to institute clear criminal liabilities for false reporting, including making the reporter liable for all costs incurred by the individual impacted by a false or erroneous "Red Flag" accusation. The criminal penalties must include incarceration.
    7. Asset forfeiture (money or property) should ONLY occur upon conviction by a jury of the accused's peers.
      1. In no case should forfeited money or property be directed to other than the State Treasury general fund.​
    8. Annexation of an area to a local unit of government must ONLY occur upon the consent of a majority of the residents of the area to be annexed. What is occurring in Indiana today is an affront to government “of the people”.
      1. Similar restrictions should be placed upon use of eminent domain. Eminent domain should NEVER be used to benefit a non-citizen (i.e. corporation, non-profit, partnership, etc.) only the State in its capacity of governance on behalf of the people.
    I thank you for your service to our State and house District 25."

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    OK, you kind of asked for it... :@ya:

"Mrs. Cash,

Understand I do not believe you can achieve any of the following yourself. Some of these items could well take a decade or more of work. I do ask however that you not dismiss these items, and begin discussions with fellow like minded (constitutionalist) Representatives.

For 2nd Amendment and Indiana Constitution Article 1 section 32 issues Zionsville has a very competent local resource in Attorney Guy Relford, of Relford Law. I encourage you to reach out to him and make his acquaintance. I believe Mr. Relford can provide introduction to other Indiana Legislature members who are concerned with restoring limited government which respects the enumerated Rights protected by our Constitutions (Federal and State).

Pledge yourself to be and govern as a Constitutionalist, and do not let others divert you from that path! Work with and direct to the best of your ability the Republican Party to become the party of the Constitution in Indiana. I have been appalled by some candidates which have been permitted to run under the Republican banner, but encouraged by others who have fought to do so (Mr. Bookwalter and yourself).

Demand those who have broken their oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States via their votes in our legislatures to undermine that very document, be evicted from the Republican Party. Eject those persons who do not uphold the Republican Party Platform from the Party, and demand the party remove all support from them.

I would like to convey what I believe are critical changes we as a State need to implement forthwith to limit the continued decline of our nation, and for Indiana again to become a leader in governance by The People. I challenge you to author and promote legislation to achieve these goals for the following items.
    1. Limits on “Emergency Powers” to be exercised by the Executive branch
      1. My suggestion is "Emergency Powers" should exist for 48 - 72 hours or until a quorum of the Indiana Legislature can be established in a location (or virtually). Once the chambers are brought together and a quorum reached, the "Emergency Powers" end. The Executive can then petition the legislature for new time limited authority to address the emergency, which is beyond existing law.​
      2. I've looked. I haven't found anywhere in the Indiana Constitution which states the Executive has magical powers of tyranny when an "Emergency" is declared. I have found where the Legislature can take some short cuts "in case of emergency", but not the Executive. (Article 4, Sec 18 & 28) What transpired during the “Covid pandemic” can never be allowed to occur again. The Executive simply cannot be trusted, and the law needs to recognize this reality. This is NOT a party issue, it is an issue of separation of powers and governance.​
    2. Require by law the Indiana Constitution and the relevance of it within the context of a Republic of Republics be taught within our public schools.
      1. Special attention to Articles 1 and 12 should be included in such legislation​
      2. Prior to receiving a High School diploma from an Indiana regulated or public school, each student should be required to read the Constitution of the United States (all of it, preambles and Amendments) and pass a comprehensive test on the Constitution and its history. In addition, each student seeking a High School diploma be required to pass an equivalent to the United States Citizenship test, or a more difficult, test.​
      3. Prior to receiving a High School diploma from an Indiana regulated or public school, each student should be required to read the Indiana Constitution, and pass a comprehensive test upon the content of the Indiana Constitution, including Articles 1 and 12.​
      4. Editorializing or interpreting by instructors shall be prohibited.​
    3. Ensure the vote is secure One citizen, One vote, with a paper backup which by law must be the primary determinant of election outcome.​
      1. There must be severe penalties for those who subvert our elections, whether through ballot trafficking, ballot harvesting, or any other method which contaminates the vote. Electronic Voting is categorically impossible to accomplish and protect against fraud, therefore there must ALWAYS be a paper trail and it MUST take precedence. The bar to demand a recount of the paper must be low.

4. There need to be harsh, even extreme, penalties for persons in government service (schools, child welfare, law enforcement, judiciary) who do not act on evidence of persons who present a danger to the community. Federal rules and incentives which work counter to this goal should be offset by the State to ensure reporting is robust.​
      1. All to often after the most recent shooting by a deranged individual, we find the person had a long history of threats and law enforcement or academic interaction which strongly suggested the individual was a danger to others. Those who did nothing are as guilty of the atrocity as the shooter and need to be held accountable. (If you need further information, have you staff present you with the history of the Pulse nightclub, Marjory Stoneman, Dayton, Nashville Covenant School and Lewiston Main shooters among the many for which adequate knowledge of their disturbing behavior was known. There exist plenty of laws and a judicial system to make them prohibited persons)​
    5. See item 2 above, and specifically The Indiana Constitution Article 1 Section 32 and Article 12; and the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. This is a need which State government must address. Historically this Nation and State could be said to produce an adequate number of citizens with knowledge of arms and militia responsibility. The urbanization of Indiana and these United States has left us bereft of that cadre of citizen militia which are capable of understanding and meeting their militia responsibilities, but awash in those with access to arms which they do not know how to use or why. (simply yanking on a trigger doesn't count) Indiana can easily be a leader in this arena by addressing the items below.​
      1. Require all schools which receive Indiana government funding to offer and require demonstration of firearms marksmanship during the High School years, based upon the standard U.S. Military or NRA marksmanship guidelines.​
        1. The marksmanship training should entail both rimfire and centerfire handgun and rifle proficiency demonstration.​
        2. Students who DO NOT pass the marksmanship demonstration must be required to disclose this status to the State when registering for the Selective Service.​
        3. The State should petition the Federal government to require all citizens who did not pass the marksmanship demonstration in (a) above be selected for Selective Service, prior to selection of those citizens who did pass as these persons will require additional training.​
      2. Indiana should lead the way to restoration of the militia as a natural and capable deterrent to foreign and domestic threats. Indiana can achieve this goal by accomplishing item 5 above, and ensuring all our youth understand their responsibility and duty pursuant to USC Title 10 246 (see below) and Constitution of Indiana ARTICLE 12 Militia.​
        1. " The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.​

(b) The classes of the militia are-​
        2. the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and​
        3. the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia."​
        4. Article 12, Section 1. A militia shall be provided and shall consist of all persons over the age of seventeen (17) years, except those persons who may be exempted by the laws of the United States or of this state. The militia may be divided into active and inactive classes and consist of such military organizations as may be provided by law.​
    6. Amend Indiana's "Red Flag" law to place short duration hard timelines on the return of property and the restoration of all rights unless an individual is adjudicated mentally ill or a danger to others. Adjudication must be determined on a priority timeline, as it impacts a citizens Rights.​
      1. Amend Indiana's "Red Flag" law to institute clear criminal liabilities for false reporting, including making the reporter liable for all costs incurred by the individual impacted by a false or erroneous "Red Flag" accusation. The criminal penalties must include incarceration.​
    7. Asset forfeiture (money or property) should ONLY occur upon conviction by a jury of the accused's peers.​
      1. In no case should forfeited money or property be directed to other than the State Treasury general fund.​
    8. Annexation of an area to a local unit of government must ONLY occur upon the consent of a majority of the residents of the area to be annexed. What is occurring in Indiana today is an affront to government “of the people”.
      1. Similar restrictions should be placed upon use of eminent domain. Eminent domain should NEVER be used to benefit a non-citizen (i.e. corporation, non-profit, partnership, etc.) only the State in its capacity of governance on behalf of the people.
    I thank you for your service to our State and house District 25."
    TLDR. Rep probably said the same.

Top Bottom