• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Looks nice but why does the 4 inch barrel have 3 vents instead of 2?

Oddly enough, Colt released photos of a 2 vent. Dunno if those were mock-ups or actual guns or what.

490054_colt-blue-python-launch-01_hero_1200x800.jpg

Kind of interesting...

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    This might get me to finally fill the revolver gap in my safe. I love the look of the old pythons and my dad has a couple original royal blue Colts from back in the day. But those are definitely "shoot a little and look at a lot" kind of guns. I may have to get one

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Much prefer the two vent.

This one looks oddly wavy on the sideplate like they over sanded it???

I must say (as a SW guy) that I am interested in a blued Python but the bluing needs to be near Turnbull quality.

Korth? :)

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Lol, Colt does what everybody has been asking for for years and re-releases the blued Python, and now everybody is complaining about the vents?!? Poor guys can't win!

I thing the bluing actually looks pretty good. Hard to say for sure until I see one in person, though.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I had a bad experience with a Colt DA revolver in the early 90’s (Peecekeeper) misfiring and crappy reliability. However that was during supposedly that whole strike thing. That said I do like the looks and really really like Blued guns with wood (or wood looking) grips/stocks. I might be tempted on this especially if they do a blued 3”

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Lol, Colt does what everybody has been asking for for years and re-releases the blued Python, and now everybody is complaining about the vents?!? Poor guys can't win!

I thing the bluing actually looks pretty good. Hard to say for sure until I see one in person, though.

You are absolutely correct.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil

Some folks are just observing specifics to me that isn’t complaining. The ones that really complain about price or whatever (the S&W 1854 rifle seems to be a price issue for a lot)

I guess those complainers could do it better and cheaper!!!!

Top Bottom