• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ahap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2022
    Evansville
    Big increase in buck movement the last few days. Found 2 really good scrapes on Friday. This morning and this evening I believe I have identified the culprits. I'm fairly certain those are two different deer. Anyone think otherwise? Same farm, these 2 cameras / scrapes are probably .7-.8 of a mile apart.

Attachments

• IMG_0631.PNG
      IMG_0631.PNG
      507.6 KB · Views: 31
    • IMG_0632.PNG
      IMG_0632.PNG
      1 MB · Views: 31

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Big increase in buck movement the last few days. Found 2 really good scrapes on Friday. This morning and this evening I believe I have identified the culprits. I'm fairly certain those are two different deer. Anyone think otherwise? Same farm, these 2 cameras / scrapes are probably .7-.8 of a mile apart.
    Yeah, those are two different bucks for sure. I did a double take at that first buck because I had photos of one last year that had a left side very similar to that one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    That deer in the left pic looks extremely heavy. I don't think I've ever seen a deer in Indiana that looked that thick/heavy. Wow. What might a deer like that weigh? I mean, even after field dressing, that would be one heck of a task to drag him out of the woods, I would think.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I had a 12pt buck visiting my property a few years ago. (Before I had a trail cam). I managed to get a photo of him and sent it to my brother (lives in western TN). He thought I was pulling his leg, thinking I’d taken it from a magazine or off a web site. I’m pretty sure if I sent him those pictures (if they were on my property) he’d tell me the same thing all over again.

Ahap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2022
    Evansville
    That deer in the left pic looks extremely heavy. I don't think I've ever seen a deer in Indiana that looked that thick/heavy. Wow. What might a deer like that weigh? I mean, even after field dressing, that would be one heck of a task to drag him out of the woods, I would think.
    This may well be his print. Near a scrape down the tree line from where that picture was taken. Big boy, big hoof. That's about 3 1/2" long. I bet he is around 240+ and would dress close to 200.
    In the interest of full disclosure, these are in Henderson Co, KY on a farm where I work. The property owner hunts deer there, I only hunt coyotes. I do all of his pre season prep work. If he offers me the opportunity to tag one of these after he hopefully takes the other one, I damn sure will try.

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpg
      IMG_0618.jpg
      186.5 KB · Views: 8

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I've seen the big guy a few times in the past few weeks.

The little guy I've watched grow up this year, he comes by the house every week or so.
    a7e8771e2bf7e83b44c571cd94c91ce0.jpg
    fd5661ee45aadfe132685982fcf73556.jpg

Top Bottom