• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ahap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2022
    Evansville
    Big increase in buck movement the last few days. Found 2 really good scrapes on Friday. This morning and this evening I believe I have identified the culprits. I'm fairly certain those are two different deer. Anyone think otherwise? Same farm, these 2 cameras / scrapes are probably .7-.8 of a mile apart.

Attachments

• IMG_0631.PNG
      IMG_0631.PNG
      507.6 KB · Views: 31
    • IMG_0632.PNG
      IMG_0632.PNG
      1 MB · Views: 31

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Big increase in buck movement the last few days. Found 2 really good scrapes on Friday. This morning and this evening I believe I have identified the culprits. I'm fairly certain those are two different deer. Anyone think otherwise? Same farm, these 2 cameras / scrapes are probably .7-.8 of a mile apart.
    Yeah, those are two different bucks for sure. I did a double take at that first buck because I had photos of one last year that had a left side very similar to that one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    That deer in the left pic looks extremely heavy. I don't think I've ever seen a deer in Indiana that looked that thick/heavy. Wow. What might a deer like that weigh? I mean, even after field dressing, that would be one heck of a task to drag him out of the woods, I would think.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I had a 12pt buck visiting my property a few years ago. (Before I had a trail cam). I managed to get a photo of him and sent it to my brother (lives in western TN). He thought I was pulling his leg, thinking I’d taken it from a magazine or off a web site. I’m pretty sure if I sent him those pictures (if they were on my property) he’d tell me the same thing all over again.

Ahap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2022
    Evansville
    That deer in the left pic looks extremely heavy. I don't think I've ever seen a deer in Indiana that looked that thick/heavy. Wow. What might a deer like that weigh? I mean, even after field dressing, that would be one heck of a task to drag him out of the woods, I would think.
    This may well be his print. Near a scrape down the tree line from where that picture was taken. Big boy, big hoof. That's about 3 1/2" long. I bet he is around 240+ and would dress close to 200.
    In the interest of full disclosure, these are in Henderson Co, KY on a farm where I work. The property owner hunts deer there, I only hunt coyotes. I do all of his pre season prep work. If he offers me the opportunity to tag one of these after he hopefully takes the other one, I damn sure will try.

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpg
      IMG_0618.jpg
      186.5 KB · Views: 8

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I've seen the big guy a few times in the past few weeks.

The little guy I've watched grow up this year, he comes by the house every week or so.
    a7e8771e2bf7e83b44c571cd94c91ce0.jpg
    fd5661ee45aadfe132685982fcf73556.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom