• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Alright guys. I have a big bag of frozen chicken wings setting on my counter. I want them for dinner or lunch Sunday. What new brine, marinate, cooking methods, do you guys have for me? I want to smoke them, but open to all suggestions.

My normal cooking method is throw a bunch of sauce in the bag with them let them sit until thawed and marinated toss on the HOT grill turn heat down cook then crank it up again after I throw some more Stubbs sticky sweet on them.

And they turn out great just looking to do something new.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Alright guys. I have a big bag of frozen chicken wings setting on my counter. I want them for dinner or lunch Sunday. What new brine, marinate, cooking methods, do you guys have for me? I want to smoke them, but open to all suggestions.

My normal cooking method is throw a bunch of sauce in the bag with them let them sit until thawed and marinated toss on the HOT grill turn heat down cook then crank it up again after I throw some more Stubbs sticky sweet on them.

And they turn out great just looking to do something new.

I smoke them for a hour or so at 180° on my pellet grill with a smoke tube, nothing on them. You can either finish them right away, or keep them in the fridge for a while. I'll smoke a bunch of them when I'm cooking something else and have extra room, then finish later in the week for dinner.

Then I throw them in a bag, add some olive oil, toss them around, then add Meat Church Holy Voodoo and coat them.

They go back on the grill at 400-450ish until a little charred and crispy.

From there I toss them in my secret sauce.

It's not really secret...

2 cups of Frank's
    1 cup white vinegar
    red pepper flakes
    minced garlic
    a dash of Worcestershire

1yBJk7Fl.jpg

RIuuuTWl.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Threw some chicken thighs on the big green egg for dinner while the wife made tater's 'n beans. I seasoned them this morning and left them uncovered in the fridge all day so the skin would dry out. Cooked the over indirect heat on the egg at around 375*F until they were at 160*F internal then a quick sear on the skin side over direct heat for about 60 seconds to finish them off. The skin crisped up nicely.

Pwodqjhh.jpg

I've really grown very fond of this seasoning you can get from Meijer. Tastes great on pork or chicken and I've used it to smoke, grill and blacken. The price ain't bad either. LINK

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bacon wrapped boneless chicken thighs are cooking. First time doing this. It will be a learning experience.
    Bacon wrapped pork loins are also awesome.

Edit: I do that when I find a loin that was trimmed too clean. Helps keep the meat moist.

Last edited:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Threw some boneless pork chops in the smoker for today they turned out really good. I used a mix of apple and hickory. I use a small smoke box and chips because it easier for me to control the temp and flavor over using chunks. Probably do chicken breasts tomorrow. Monday I'm doing a few racks of ribs for my wife's family for an early 4th/ wifes birthday party. Might do meat churchs chocolate pecan cobbler I'm still undecided. My dad bought me a meat probe that you leave in the meat at one of those Amazon return resale shops for a dollar and it makes life so much easier. I tested it against a digital and an analog prob and it read consistent with them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom