• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    Got another pup tonight. This is #3 and when I shot this one there was another running towards the brush pile before I could get off a shot.

def9bd18524a8a0a1eaea4fd68243f66.jpg

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    My biggest issue with groundhogs are damage done to the foundations of my out buildings. About 5-6 years ago our ditch bank washed out when a heavy rain hit the area and the overflow from the field hit the groundhog hole and turned it into a water jet washing away about 30 feet of bank into the creek.

They are very destructive, we have property next to the local covered bridge. They have been undermining the foundations on both ends of the bridge. The county knows about it and are saying there is not enough money to fix it. The bridge has been closed to traffic since 1973.
    I very seldom see any of them and then it is usually a brief glimpse. There is a county road on one side, a restaurant across the river and sometimes people on another side so almost impossible to get a clear and safe shot. Jim.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    My beagle boys treed one yesterday so I brought it down with the .22. Wasn't quite dead and one paid the price twice by rushing in too soon. They were still proud and only licked wounds for a bit.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Thinking about taking the 300blk out to my wife's families farm. Don't have a magnified optic for it but I know I can drill a playing card at 100yd with an eotech on it. Might be fun with some 110gr. VMAX.

Can also take the shotgun for all the dang pigeons out there too

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    My boys treed another today. They must be part raccoon. I made sure it came down dead to void bites. My daughter wanted to borrow my truck today and I forgot about the one I put in a trash bag 2 days ago. She was not impressed. Both are now 100 yards away feeding the buzzards.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Back before the coyote was here my dad would tell stories of 90 ish hogs a year. I would love to see that. He's trapped them behind is garage and turned them loose. I told him , turn them loose on me. Now that I've lost the wild hog to hunt, might as well have ground hogs to hunt.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    20230601_183051.jpg FIL was complaining about a family of groundhogs under his shed eating his garden. Stopped by with a CZ457 w/ Deadair Mask and domed one from his porch, around 25 yards with open sights. He tagged another one the following day with a 22 caliber pellet gun.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Funny story... I was stretched out on the couch early one morning with the GSP sort of listening to the birds starting to chatter... All of the sudden the dog stood up... A ground hog had made its whistle sound. In all of the bird chirping that one whistle pig sound she jumped up from a sleep... :)

Top Bottom