• ...and so much more!
  • tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Nope. No deer were harmed during the production of my first deer season.

I did dive in head-first with zero experience. I’m sure I made all the mistakes, but I’m far better prepared for next year!
    Hang in there. It took me 5 years to kill my first deer, then another 5 or so to get another. Even though my Dad hunted, he wasn't any kind of teacher, so I had to figure it out myself. Once I figured it out, the deer meat came pretty easy. Now I'm pretty picky about what I shoot. Alot of times, just being in the woods on a nice November morning is plenty for me.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I think my favorite was when I found my new ground blind, which I thought was well staked and secure, in a soybean field about 100yds from where I left it. Next year I’ll use the stakes that screw into the ground. :D

View attachment 329730
    You have some good looking area out there. They should be there. You might think about investing in some deer cams to help you determin deer movement. I ordered a 2 pack of SpyPoint cams off of Amazon for like $130.00 for both. They have a FREE cellular plan for 100 pictures a month on each for the life of the camera. It allows you to get notifications to your phone and also change the setting on the camera from your phone.

If you are planning on hunting the same place next year now would be the time to scout the place out, look for travel paths and start figuring out where and when they are moving. Also this season I would suggest brushing in or trying to hide the blind. Urban deer in reduction zones know what a deer blind is!

I ended up building an German Pillbox on my property...I know that DOESN'T WORK FOR MOST people but worked great for me. During rut actually had a couple of does standing on top of us while we were hunting...LOL. They came up the side of us and when we got out there were fresh tracks in the mud by the top hatch.

1706789225151.jpeg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Lots of life events over the past several months.... Only got to get into the woods one day.

Wasn't able to get into the stand until 11. Providence provided though. Had one down by 2:00. Buddy got two down while I was pulling mine out.

Only day for both of us, but it was definitely one for the books!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You have some good looking area out there. They should be there. You might think about investing in some deer cams to help you determin deer movement. I ordered a 2 pack of SpyPoint cams off of Amazon for like $130.00 for both. They have a FREE cellular plan for 100 pictures a month on each for the life of the camera. It allows you to get notifications to your phone and also change the setting on the camera from your phone.

If you are planning on hunting the same place next year now would be the time to scout the place out, look for travel paths and start figuring out where and when they are moving. Also this season I would suggest brushing in or trying to hide the blind. Urban deer in reduction zones know what a deer blind is!
    Thanks! I’ll definitely check out the trail cams.

There are tons of deer tracks, so I KNOW they’re around.

IMG_2903.jpeg

Top Bottom