• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    My oldest went several times while she was home for Thanksgiving but had no luck. She'll be home for all of muzzleloader season and will be using my gun, so I doubt I go out. I'd rather her get a deer than me, anyway.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    Franklin county had lowest numbers in 9 years. Except for last year, numbers were less than half of normal harvest. EHD and no does killed this year. Lets hope for a recovery.
    Very rough hunting this year in most parts of Franklin County. Absolutely the slowest season I have ever seen and I thought last year was rough. I didn't see a deer for most of my sits, which is unheard of this area.

Parts of southeastern Franklin County seen an EHD outbreak about 3 years ago I think. Some farms had HUGE numbers found dead. Fast forward to this year and I've seen some absolute giants killed in that same area. One was roughly 215" non typical. I didn't get any numbers on some of the others but based off the pics, they were 180+ and that's just the 5 or 6 that I got pictures of. I'm hoping the same will happen in my part of the county.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Very rough hunting this year in most parts of Franklin County. Absolutely the slowest season I have ever seen and I thought last year was rough. I didn't see a deer for most of my sits, which is unheard of this area.

Parts of southeastern Franklin County seen an EHD outbreak about 3 years ago I think. Some farms had HUGE numbers found dead. Fast forward to this year and I've seen some absolute giants killed in that same area. One was roughly 215" non typical. I didn't get any numbers on some of the others but based off the pics, they were 180+ and that's just the 5 or 6 that I got pictures of. I'm hoping the same will happen in my part of the county.
    It's pretty common for reduced populations like that to produce a number of giants. When the herd is well below carrying capacity there's plenty of high quality food and the bucks don't wear themselves down as much during a long, drawn out rut when there are fewer does.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    It's pretty common for reduced populations like that to produce a number of giants. When the herd is well below carrying capacity there's plenty of high quality food and the bucks don't wear themselves down as much during a long, drawn out rut when there are fewer does.
    That was pretty much my thoughts on the reasons why. Hopefully that stands true for my part of the county !! I usually get one or two pictures of some nice ones taken in the county but this year was definitely a big increase. And mainly from the small section that was hit the hardest a few years back

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    Took a doe this afternoon, likely done for the season. However, this growth was on her inner thigh. I assumed it was fibroma, but doesn't look like the pictures I see. It is about goofball sized. Only attached to skin, meat underneath looks normal. Any thoughts on what this is?

Attachments

• PXL_20231210_013502317.MP.jpg
      PXL_20231210_013502317.MP.jpg
      553.2 KB · Views: 16

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Took a doe this afternoon, likely done for the season. However, this growth was on her inner thigh. I assumed it was fibroma, but doesn't look like the pictures I see. It is about goofball sized. Only attached to skin, meat underneath looks normal. Any thoughts on what this is?
    I'm no biologist but it looks like a fatty mass my dog grew.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    A piebald tick. Lol

Top Bottom