• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This dude showed up overnight after a two week vacation. Got us motivated to go out this morning when we wouldn't have otherwise. I don't much appreciate it now having underdressed and pert near froze my tig & giggleberries off for nothin.

Glad he's still kickin anyway, or was. Heard a shot across the road this morning then another follow up. :scratch:

QNOXtl5h.png

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This dude showed up overnight after a two week vacation. Got us motivated to go out this morning when we wouldn't have otherwise. I don't much appreciate it now having underdressed and pert near froze my tig & giggleberries off for nothin.

Glad he's still kickin anyway, or was. Heard a shot across the road this morning then another follow up. :scratch:

QNOXtl5h.png
    That's a young looking buck.

Really nice rack.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    Finished the firearms season with one last doe, on the last day, to top off the freezer.

Had a great season. Wife hunted her first season and had an encounter with a nice buck. Adult son also wanted to hunt this year, his first. He took a nice doe on opening morning.

Wife is now wanting a crossbow to extend her season next year. I am truly blessed!

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    68 yo cancer diagnosis chemo heart attack heart surgery (all this summer) got him his first deer tonight to say it was special is an understatement definitely made this one much more meaningful
    Going to mount it… he broke off a tine somewhere along his blood trail…. Hope I can pick up the trail in the morning and find it.

Edit: found the blood trail just fine….. tine is still mia oh well I tried

Last edited:

KomboJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Paragon
    My buddy and I were hunting at my place on Saturday. Buck walked by and didn't really give me a good shot. Grunted and it turned to look at me so I wheezed and it. Ignored me completely but walked close enough to my buddy that he shot it. It weighted 160, but was an 11 pointer which we found a little odd. Seemed young. He shot it with a 308. Double lung and skimmed the top of the heart. It was his 1st deer and he was ecstatic to say the least.

Attachments

• IMG_2950.jpg
      IMG_2950.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 36

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Franklin county had lowest numbers in 9 years. Except for last year, numbers were less than half of normal harvest. EHD and no does killed this year. Lets hope for a recovery.

Top Bottom