• ...and so much more!
  • model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    saw a red fox first thing in the morning. And I’m happy to report a healthy population of squirrels/chipmunks in my woods lol

I also saw a decent buck chasing a doe, but they were gone as quick as I noticed them. Unfortunately they ran to the neighbors land

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    We saw one deer this morning in southern ripley county . There is very little deer sign and no rubs or scrapes. We have never seen so many squirrels before. Usually we have a lot of deer sign and turkeys roosting all around us but not this year. No turkeys or feathers were found.

Attachments

• IMG_5858.jpeg
      IMG_5858.jpeg
      1,004.1 KB · Views: 22
    Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    IMG_20231118_152956.jpg Brother took this 8 pointer early this morning.
    I took a huge doe about 20 minutes later.
    Uncle said he didn't even see any deer.
    Kind of wonder if he didn't fall asleep.
    I saw a total of 8 deer this morning. Saw a decent 6 pointer, but I let him walk.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This morning was an awesome respite from an absolutely crazy week. About 20 minutes after settling in, I saw two does come out of the timber patch, looking behind them every so often. They they meandered about 200yds across the open field, constantly looking back until they ended up about 20 yards in front of me.

Sure enough, a buck stepped out behind them. His body size gave him away as being more than a third doe. He had been chasing them from the looks of things. He was breathing heavy, huge puffs of steam bracketing his skylined head. It was first light, and I couldn't see his rack at all. He traveled from left to right along the woodline, obviously stalking the does. I saw a good flash of white tines against the woody backdrop and wondered if it was the huge eight that had been gracing my cameras.

The does were still nervous, and made more so by my slow movement in bringing my gun to bear. I had dozed back off after my alarm and arrived in the area too late to set up my blind. I was leaned back against a large cottonwood, totally exposed to the close-range deer. I snicked off the safety and the does bolted. The buck froze at 135 yards, quartered-to, and the crosshairs settled.

At the shot, he whirled and plowed into the dirt, going less than twenty yards from the impact. I took a couple of pictures and went to go pick him up. He was not the hoped-for eight, and I don't know if I would have shot him if I had gotten a full look in better light. But he has some good character, and was clearly a fighter. I have some trail pics of two bucks fighting, and I believe this is the victor of that match.

It was a perfect morning.

20231118_072421.jpg

20231118_072444.jpg

20231118_073153.jpg

20231118_073347.jpg

20231118_080244.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Still nothing this evening, seems like something combed the deer out of my woods. Heard very few shots though.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Didn't see nuthin but squirrels.
    My stand was stinkin, as some buck made a scrape 10 ft from it.
    But he busted the sapling trunk and only half made it LOL
    Proly one of the little ones seen in bow.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Saw 14 does and 3 bucks in the morning sit from the Bunker.

The bucks were good size 8-10 pointers but with their share of problems. One was missing his left antler and had a bad limp in the front left leg. Another had lost all the points on his left side and had a limp also. The third one was nice on the left side and non-typical on the right side....interesting rack but still have plenty of time to see what else is out there.

Also had a coyote and a Husky come by durring the morning hunt.

We also made hot chocolate and coffee while we were sitting in the bunker.....best hunting I have ever had.

Should have built the bunker YEARS AGO!!!!!

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Yesterday was an event filled day. Started off walked down through a pack of howling coyote, my boy was a tad uneasy. Then the first shots of the morning had turkey shock gobbling. We sat in stand till 1:00 only seeing distant does. We migrated to the food plot from our morning perch.

Starting at 1:50 we had spikes chasing a doe, 2 spikes, then 3 spikes, then a fork and 3 point. My 11 yr old passed on all the dinks. The boy did great for an all day sit but was wanting to pop a doe. I explained to him with a hot doe around to be patient. The doe parades by 9 different times. After she got bred by a spike, larger horns appear.

Jr. Did great for an all day sit and has more great memories of his favorite pastime.

Attachments

• KIMG1267.JPG
      KIMG1267.JPG
      360.3 KB · Views: 18

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    All quiet in Franklin County. Check of the DNR harvest numbers for Franklin show the lowest number for 9 years. Only about half of previous years. Guess the NO doe rule really having an impact!

Top Bottom