BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Dewine signed.

I wanted to add a little footnote to a comment made in this video.

The presenter comments that maybe one day our Second Amendment rights will be recognized all across the country.

This is the right way to do it folks...at the state level and state by state.

For some time there was much noise about a federal law demanding "national reciprocity". IMO, that is a HORRIBLE approach. It is nothing but yet another tentacle of the leviathan into matters it does not belong.

Under a national reciprocity approach, I full expect restrictions in Indiana would eventually smell much more like California than Vermont.

Nothing good comes from inviting the ******* central state into the matter.

Constitutional carry, state by state is the better path.

Hey, ho, way to go Ohio.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    MONTGOMERY – Governor Kay Ivey on March 10th signed House Bill 272, known as the constitutional carry bill, into law, defending law abiding Alabamians’ Second Amendment rights.

“Unlike states who are doing everything in their power to make it harder for law abiding citizens, Alabama is reaffirming our commitment to defending our Second Amendment rights,” said Governor Ivey. “I have always stood up for the rights of law abiding gunowners, and I am proud to do that again today.”

In April 2019 at the NRA Annual Meeting of Members you said, “Removing any and all barriers for lawful carry in our state is significant for the many Hoosier gun owners who want to protect themselves and others.”

In 2019 you sounded a lot like Governor Ivey did last week.

Sign HB 1296 into law.
    Gettin close!! Call/email and TELL ric to sign the bill!

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I would like to request that you sign HB 1296.

I understand that you are receiving pushback from some law enforcement associations, but from what I can tell that is simply rent seeking and does not represent the many police officers I know both personally and professionally in my service as a police commissioner.

Indiana was an early adopter of shall-issue licensing for carrying handguns at a time when people tended to be alarmist about the idea. It quickly was shown that allowing citizens to carry firearms was beneficial, and certainly did not lead to the dire consequences that the opponents of this civil right predicted.

Signing this bill is not a step into the unknown that requires huge reserves of bravery. Indeed, Indiana's fairly good policies relating to carrying handguns (shall issue, lifetime permits, free 5-year permits, etc.) have ironically masked the need for moving towards Constitutional carry. Now, instead of being on the vanguard of this issue, we have fallen behind. Nearly half the states in the country have already passed Constitutional carry laws with uniformly positive results. I ask that you sign HB 1296 allowing Indiana to follow their example.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    (2A LEGISLATIVE ALERT SOUNDER)

The president of the senate has signed house bill 1296.

TELL Eric to sign the bill!!
    Still waiting on Rokita in the mean time right? I thought it was waiting on Rokita's desk, not the Pres. of the Senate. I was wondering what the delay was.

Random_71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    Still waiting on Rokita in the mean time right? I thought it was waiting on Rokita's desk, not the Pres. of the Senate. I was wondering what the delay was.
    How long can it sit on Rokita's desk?

That still leaves me wondering why there were so many days between the two signatures.

Also it looks like the legislature adjourned yesterday, so were they delaying so that the session would end and a veto wouldnt get challenged till next session??

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    How long can it sit on Rokita's desk?
    I'm not sure. But a representative from Rokita's office came out to support the bill in both public committees, so we don't have much to worry about on Rokita's desk.

That still leaves me wondering why there were so many days between the two signatures.
    There was a weekend in between. There may have also been some internal dialog regarding procedures given the the bill was gutted then killed in the name of processing policy, then a different bill was gutted and had the firearms matter language inserted. I don't have any insider info, but could see that taking a day or two even for a bill that affirms our rights.

Also it looks like the legislature adjourned yesterday, so were they delaying so that the session would end and a veto wouldnt get challenged till next session??
    For me, I'm not ready to play connect the dots blindfolded... I'd rather wait than speculate at this point. Bray seemed to be on our side when the dust cleared. Like you said, it's the end of the session so there are many bills being pushed around at the same time. It takes time to read over it all (assuming they do). Some of the comments from people who have been around the block for other bills suggest that this waiting is relatively normal.

Random_71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not sure. But a representative from Rokita's office came out to support the bill in both public committees, so we don't have much to worry about on Rokita's desk.

There was a weekend in between. There may have also been some internal dialog regarding procedures given the the bill was gutted then killed in the name of processing policy, then a different bill was gutted and had the firearms matter language inserted. I don't have any insider info, but could see that taking a day or two even for a bill that affirms our rights.

For me, I'm not ready to play connect the dots blindfolded... I'd rather wait than speculate at this point. Bray seemed to be on our side when the dust cleared. Like you said, it's the end of the session so there are many bills being pushed around at the same time. It takes time to read over it all (assuming they do). Some of the comments from people who have been around the block for other bills suggest that this waiting is relatively normal.
    Well at least thats a good sign so it should go through that step quickly.

I was curious and looked at other bills that had passed and many were signed the same day. With all the wrangling who knows, it just seemed odd.

Sometimes my brain wont let me NOT play connect the dots with a blindfold.
    Yea there is alot of movement, so that could be part of it, (I dont think they read them all). The timing of signing, on the day after adjourning has me suspicious.
    Waiting patiently is the best move, but it's hard.
    Those are politicians down there and I dont ****ing trust the b*****ds as far as I can throw the **** statehouse.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Delaying isn’t a viable tactic and everyone knows it. They can either call a special session or just vote to override a veto in the next session. I think all of this is just normal procedure.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

Random_71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    Delaying isn’t a viable tactic and everyone knows it. They can either call a special session or just vote to override a veto in the next session. I think all of this is just normal procedure.
    As far as I can tell 1123 (which allows them to call sessions) is still being disputed in the courts and scheduled for hearing in the state Supreme till April 7th. So until then if they can call themselves back in maybe up in the air.
    Further some legislators have already signed a letter asking for Holcomb to call one if SCOTUS overturns Roe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom