• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The url on the coin says "INgunowners" but the site moved to "indianagunowners".

I guess it's not a problem if you're automatically redirected from one to another? :dunno:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    In for 4, but what are they used for?

Where to begin... challenge coins started in the Military, from what I understand it was with Special Operations units in Vietnam. Unwritten rule: if you've ever been presented a coin, you are required to carry it. Most folks (myself included) who carry coins carry one that really means something to them.

Here's the coin I carry:

1660611849435.png

1660611898425.png

I've carried this coin since December 1993.

Coin check? Somebody starts tapping their coin on the bar. Somebody doesn't have their coin? They buy. Everyone has a coin? The challenger buys the round.

There is no giant database of every coin presented to everyone. No one knows who has a coin and who doesn't. But it's a thing.

Coins became more common in the Military late 90s and exploded after 9/11. I have a bunch of coins. The ones that were presented to me mean something, the one in the picture was from my days in Korea and it means a lot.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Where to begin... challenge coins started in the Military, from what I understand it was with Special Operations units in Vietnam. Unwritten rule: if you've ever been presented a coin, you are required to carry it. Most folks (myself included) who carry coins carry one that really means something to them.

Here's the coin I carry:

View attachment 217983

View attachment 217985

I've carried this coin since December 1993.

Coin check? Somebody starts tapping their coin on the bar. Somebody doesn't have their coin? They buy. Everyone has a coin? The challenger buys the round.

There is no giant database of every coin presented to everyone. No one knows who has a coin and who doesn't. But it's a thing.

Coins became more common in the Military late 90s and exploded after 9/11. I have a bunch of coins. The ones that were presented to me mean something, the one in the picture was from my days in Korea and it means a lot.

Thank you for the explanation. I guess I've lived a sheltered life, as I had never heard of it.

Also, very discouraging. It means I'll have to start drinking again and hang out with my INGO friends at the bar. I don't know how to break it to the wife.

:@ya: .

Top Bottom