• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lpherr

Occupied
    The first time I remember hearing about Challenge coins, was on Sons of Guns. There was a guy working at Red Jacket(don't remember his name), that was working on Chris Kyle's gun, and was presented a coin from Chris, along with the significance of the coin.
    That would be a coin to have.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Home from work and have to go thru the thread to log the newest "I'll take 4" but we should be good to go. I figured if we hit 250 I could cover the the other 50 to get the ball rolling.

Will update this thread with payment options and will get in touch with company as far as ETA once order is placed. Their website states 5-6 weeks and when I inquired I entered a delivery date of Dec 2. Just to give plenty of time.

Figuring 2 weeks to collect payment and 5-6 weeks for production and delivery to me. Then I will get them out asap as my schedule allows. Thinking we'll be ahead of schedule and an eta in November at this point in time

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Where to begin... challenge coins started in the Military, from what I understand it was with Special Operations units in Vietnam. Unwritten rule: if you've ever been presented a coin, you are required to carry it. Most folks (myself included) who carry coins carry one that really means something to them.

Here's the coin I carry:

View attachment 217983

View attachment 217985

I've carried this coin since December 1993.

Coin check? Somebody starts tapping their coin on the bar. Somebody doesn't have their coin? They buy. Everyone has a coin? The challenger buys the round.

There is no giant database of every coin presented to everyone. No one knows who has a coin and who doesn't. But it's a thing.

Coins became more common in the Military late 90s and exploded after 9/11. I have a bunch of coins. The ones that were presented to me mean something, the one in the picture was from my days in Korea and it means a lot.
    THAT is pure unadulterated prestige!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom