• ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    After a hair under 20 years of marriage, the wife filed for divorce in October. We lost one of our chocolate labs to kidney failure earlier in 2021. I’ve had issues at work to deal with causing a “role” change. Overall, with all the covid crap everyone had to deal with, 2022 couldn’t get here fast enough.
    I’m not going into details here, but will say, I’ve finally made some hard choices for myself. Some probably long overdue. I’m not going to be used for a bank deposit or be walked on anymore.
    2022 is my year to put myself in a better place, emotionally and financially. My year for rebuilding. After all the crap I’ve had to walk through to get here, it’s only going to get better.

Thanks INGO for letting me vent… sometimes it’s just needed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Only thing to do is learn for the past and not make the same mistakes or poor decisions. I won’t let history repeat itself….
    Damnit man you just built her a new house yes…????
    I will say you did not let it show when I saw you last week. If you need to vent you have my number. Use it.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Saying a prayer for you DocIndy. I went down a similar road many years ago. The changes were tough but worth it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Doc, I started over in 1999 after 13 years with the same woman and when it ended (amicably) it scared the hell out of me, but it was the right thing to do for both of us. When we announced it to my family at Easter (which I thought was perfect timing for a "rebirth" of sorts) I heard my mother cry harder than she did when my dad passed away.

It took time, but I started feeling better very soon afterward. Now I work with that "ex" and she recently attended my mom's funeral and she gets along with my current girlfriend/common law wife of 17 years. (always has really) It will get better. Trust in this. Change of that magnitude is scary. That's normal. But you WILL get through it.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Damnit man you just built her a new house yes…????
    I will say you did not let it show when I saw you last week. If you need to vent you have my number. Use it.
    Didn’t build it but just bought a farmhouse on 4.5 acres that she wanted about 2 1/2 years ago. I’ve come to realize it’s over and we are better off that way before things get toxic.

I know you have enough going on, but I definitely have your number. Thanks for the offer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When this is finally finished, the last thing I need is another wife… of any sort. Just someone that sees me as an equal.
    I don't know how old you are Doc, but a word of advice... stay away from strip clubs. Made that mistake after splitting with my ex. I was encouraged by my buddy/new room mate and it put me through the financial ringer. That was my mid-life crisis. :): I can laugh about it now, but I'm serious.

Top Bottom