• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Figured I'd put my latest purchase review in here instead of a new thread.

I have been looking for a small tailgating type grill to keep in my pop-up camper and use when I just want to grill a quick burger since it's just me and my son at home.

The smaller propane grill just feel so cheesy and flare up a lot and I'm not a fan of charcoal. So I really wanted another pellet grill since I love my Green Mountain. Problem is the smallest Green Mountain is still pretty big. So I finally decided to roll the dice on one I've seen on amazon for a little while and I couldn't be happier.

I bought my Asmoke AS300 right before our annual Halloween camping trip and family roll up competition. I burned it off Friday night and it heated up quickly. We were at 350 in about 7 minutes. Saturday morning I did chicken thighs for some soup later on, I could get nine medium sized thighs on it and they all cooked perfectly even, no hot spots at all.

Later that day I cooked deer roll-ups and pork roll-ups for the contests. They all came out just as nice as if they were done on my big grill.

Sunday morning we baked cinnamon rolls and grilled sausage links on it and they turned out great as well.

I have been very happy with this grill. It sips pellets compared to my big grill, cooks evenly, and it small enough to store in my pop-up camper. I highly recommend it for anyone needing a small grill. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

View attachment 168858

Amazon product ASIN B08JCQ4C79
    I'd really be interested in a follow up review, if you've used it much. Durability, ease of use, and food results?

I've got a big Camp chef smoker I've used a couple years, but this would be great for travel. As you stated, I don't want to mess with charcoal(disposal) or propane(flareup) on the road. I'd be all over it at half that price, so wanted to ask since it's the price of a big smoker. Looks really nice.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I'd really be interested in a follow up review, if you've used it much. Durability, ease of use, and food results?

I've got a big Camp chef smoker I've used a couple years, but this would be great for travel. As you stated, I don't want to mess with charcoal(disposal) or propane(flareup) on the road. I'd be all over it at half that price, so wanted to ask since it's the price of a big smoker. Looks really nice.
    I've used it about about 20 times now. It is very easy to use, and I haven't had any issues at all with it.

As far as durability goes, so far this thing seems rock solid. Taking the grates and heat shield out to clean the ashes is super easy, so there's not really an excuse not to do it to keep it from rusting.

All the food has been great off of it. Everything cooks evenly since there are no hot spots. My only complaint would be that I wish the lid was just a little taller only so i could get a big pork butt on it easier. I do know they make a taller lid as an accesory, I just haven't purchased one yet.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Gonna smoke me cheese tonight...
    7a540fe3761eb094932097612db6ca6a.jpg

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Smoked cheese is excellent!

I have never tried smoking it though.....pro tips and recommendations?
    Just keep it under 90 degrees in your smoker.

I smoke it on my pellet grill using just the fan and a smoke tube. On a windy day, I don't even run the fan. It really doesn't take anything fancy to smoke cheese. I've seen people use a cardboard box and a smoke tube.

I cut up the blocks of cheese into smaller chunks, about 2"x2". That gives you more surface area to take smoke. I usually let it go about three hours, the amount of time my smoke tube burns. I flip the chunks-o-cheese every 30 minutes. When finished it goes into a ziplock bag and into the fridge for 2-4 weeks.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    If you left me in a room alone with this, you'd be seriously pissed when you returned.
    It's a weird combo of ingredients, but damn. It works.

It was a little salty. The recipe warned of this. Said to add a cup of water to help cut the pepper juice. We just ate it on toasted sub buns with a slice of havarti cheese. Made the saltiness level about perfect.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I knocked the snow off the grill cover and have started up the KJ for some ribs. The cover came off with an interesting crunchy noise. I had to take the chimney off and bring it inside because the grease residue from smoke has frozen solid and no way to open the vent. :D

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think its time for a new grill for the Monkey. I tried hamburgers, hot dogs, brat burgers and smokies on the gas grill last night. Ive always had a bit of a hotspot along the front flame rail that connects all the burners. But at 15F food doesnt even cook on the back half of the grill. I ended up getting the meats seared and finishing under the broiler.

I started to go to the website to order new burners. Then I remembered I already patched the bottom of the grill where it rusted out. She's done her time. Its time to retire.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I guess I should have checked the full weather forecast before offering to smoke brisket. Looks like it is getting down to mid teens tonight.

WTF!

Should make holding a smoker at 250 for 12 hours rather interesting. This will be a first.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom