• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maddogmech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    My son would be on here if he could, The powers to be locked his account after just a few post because he had words with one of the other members. he was just voicing his opinion just like a lot of other members do.....

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Well my son didnt make it in due the mysterious tickets that popped up to nobody's knowledge yesterday. My apologies for my earlier post of no tickets... Something fishy in Denmark !!!!!!

Maddog...I am beginning to understand why you have the handle you do...dang, it ain't that complicated. Let me spell it out for you as maybe you are from Rio Linda:

1) We had 12 openings for new members via the "gate wait" option...gate would open at 8 AM New Year's day and we'd sign up the first 12 folks

2) Folks started lining up along Burton Lane as early as 6:30 AM on New Year's eve (yes...25 1/2 hours before gate would open)

3) Our Board President and another director spent from 11 AM New Year's eve til 10 AM New Year's day at the club to ensure everything remained civil and safe

4) By 4 pm another INGO poster stated that 14 cars were lined up by 4 PM New Year's eve and I (grand master of the club website) posted a comment to the effect of "rumor has it" on our club website after reading this. I didn't see it myself, so it was still "rumor" to me and I repeated it as it made sense given prior years when more than 100 cars stretched out to the KFC on 37 and same distance the other direction from our access road

5) Our President felt the lineup of cars on Burton was getting to be a potential accident waiting to happen given it's a blind turn...so by 6 PM he made the spot decision to issue "numbers"... 1-12 to the first 12 individuals (some doubled up in vehicles)...those folks were allowed to pass on our access road up to the gate and park to the sides so as to not block our gate...these "numbers" were just that...numbers on scraps of paper done on the spot. NOT tickets per se, just a way to separate those early enough in line to get the memberships that were available.

6) After handing out the numbers 1-12...our President barricaded the access road at the stop sign where Burton Lane meets that road and went from car to car remaining on Burton telling them there was no point waiting...the pack had been cut, they might as well go home.

7) Not sure where your son was in all this, but he might have been asleep in his car outside the barricade and missed the advice to "move along".

That is that...nothing more nefarious than a handful of volunteers trying to make this work...no INGO favorites, no secret "tickets". I have probably expended more keystrokes than this deserves...so this is all I have for you and your son...better luck next year if we even do the "gate wait" again.

Roger for the Board

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Maddog...I am beginning to understand why you have the handle you do...dang, it ain't that complicated. Let me spell it out for you as maybe you are from Rio Linda:

1) We had 12 openings for new members via the "gate wait" option...gate would open at 8 AM New Year's day and we'd sign up the first 12 folks

2) Folks started lining up along Burton Lane as early as 6:30 AM on New Year's eve (yes...25 1/2 hours before gate would open)

3) Our Board President and another director spent from 11 AM New Year's eve til 10 AM New Year's day at the club to ensure everything remained civil and safe

4) By 4 pm another INGO poster stated that 14 cars were lined up by 4 PM New Year's eve and I (grand master of the club website) posted a comment to the effect of "rumor has it" on our club website after reading this. I didn't see it myself, so it was still "rumor" to me and I repeated it as it made sense given prior years when more than 100 cars stretched out to the KFC on 37 and same distance the other direction from our access road

5) Our President felt the lineup of cars on Burton was getting to be a potential accident waiting to happen given it's a blind turn...so by 6 PM he made the spot decision to issue "numbers"... 1-12 to the first 12 individuals (some doubled up in vehicles)...those folks were allowed to pass on our access road up to the gate and park to the sides so as to not block our gate...these "numbers" were just that...numbers on scraps of paper done on the spot. NOT tickets per se, just a way to separate those early enough in line to get the memberships that were available.

6) After handing out the numbers 1-12...our President barricaded the access road at the stop sign where Burton Lane meets that road and went from car to car remaining on Burton telling them there was no point waiting...the pack had been cut, they might as well go home.

7) Not sure where your son was in all this, but he might have been asleep in his car outside the barricade and missed the advice to "move along".

That is that...nothing more nefarious than a handful of volunteers trying to make this work...no INGO favorites, no secret "tickets". I have probably expended more keystrokes than this deserves...so this is all I have for you and your son...better luck next year if we even do the "gate wait" again.

Roger for the Board

What we have here is a failure to communicate, some people you just can't reach.

You did a good job, don't worry. Your club is full and your members are voting with their wallets that they like the way it is ran. More importantly, you helped a bunch of kids.

You don't know me and I'm not a member of your club, but I suggest you let this guy be mad. Let the people who are disapointed be disapointed. Let your members be happy and let the kids be thrilled that someone helped them. Sit back with a glass of cold ice tea (or whatever works for you) and be glad that you guys did some good today. You've got a whole year before this mess starts again. Take a victory lap, let the haters hate on their own.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Wow, I have no idea how nice this club is or how good the facilities are, but it must be pretty good to get this kind of turn out for the line and even more so to get the auction turn out it did.

Edit: Looks pretty nice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v32tq6WZW0k

Similar to the range my brother is a member at in FL, with rifle ranges/handgun, steel, etc. I'll have to settle for my memberships at MCF&G and Parabellum. I'm lucky enough to have them reimbursed through a benefit program at my job or I wouldn't do both memberships.

Nice range guys, and glad to see you did so well with the benefit auction. A range like that doesn't happen without a lot of hardwork.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wow, I have no idea how nice this club is or how good the facilities are, but it must be pretty good to get this kind of turn out for the line and even more so to get the auction turn out it did.

Edit: Looks pretty nice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v32tq6WZW0k

Similar to the range my brother is a member at in FL, with rifle ranges/handgun, steel, etc. I'll have to settle for my memberships at MCF&G and Parabellum. I'm lucky enough to have them reimbursed through a benefit program at my job or I wouldn't do both memberships.

Nice range guys, and glad to see you did so well with the benefit auction. A range like that doesn't happen without a lot of hardwork.

Man that sure makes you miss Techres being active as he once was on INGO.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Right, that must be some kind of club, to say the least.

I'm a member of 2 outdoor clubs here and one indoor range. Have never seen or heard of anything such as this.

One of the outdoor ranges goes out to 300 yds, a benchrest range with solid cement benches, a covered pistol range and a skeet range.

The other outdoor range has a covered firing line with 100 lanes, targets go out to 100 meters. Small bore matches are held there every summer. And we need members.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Just an opinion. Take it or leave it.
    back when we had to buy concert tickets at the venue or "record stores" they would hand out tickets to everyone in line just before tickets were to go on sale. They would then pull a number and that person would get first in line and everyone behind them would be second, third, and so on. Anyone in front of the lucky number had to go to the back of the line. Bummer for them.
    This process was used for years and was accepted by everyone who lined up for tickets.
    Everyone had the same chance whether they got in line the day before or got there five minutes before the sale started.
    doing something like this would most likely keep the traffic problem from happening until at least the morning of.

better yet lottery tickets over the Internet or by mail would avoid traffic problems (and patrolling all night) all together.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    After reading through all of this I am certain of one thing.
    I will never let my membership expire.
    I only know one board member and I haven't seen him for quite awhile.
    You guys are doing a great job and I'm sure the 4 h kids will be happy.
    Keep up the good work

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    They have to do what they think is right and fair. My Nephew finally got a membership to a club in TN where he lives. It took him three years. That particular club made it easy; everyone got on a mailing list. Each year the open spots were provided to the names next in line. Just like reservations at a restaurant.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I was asked to serve on the board of directors and was elected membership secretary for my club here in Virginia. It's a beautiful facility with a stocked lake, two pistol bays - one heated and with hanging steel; a heated .22 range; 200 yard rifle range; and a competition trap range. We have 286 members and about 40 show up for monthly meetings. Every monthly meeting is filled with people complaining about absolutely nothing. I told them about Martinsville and what happens each year. Some finally got a clue and it's gotten a little better.

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    After reading through all of this I am certain of one thing.
    I will never let my membership expire.
    I only know one board member and I haven't seen him for quite awhile.
    You guys are doing a great job and I'm sure the 4 h kids will be happy.
    Keep up the good work

riverman67,

Thanks for the compliments to the Board. And if I am that Board member that you refer too lets try to get together and shoot sometime this summer.

jhop28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I know of no better place to go. In the winter months on the 300 meter range when snow covered it's Heaven on earth. My hats of to the Board they have done a remarkable job Thankyou for the privilege

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    That's how I was leaning. Though the Super Bowl usually comes with food...

I don't remember the rules forbidding food? The entire INGO membership would probably show up if a super bowl style feast was laid out... I know I'd be in!

Top Bottom