• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.”--Psalm 23:4

or

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil because I am the meanest son of a bitch in the valley :draw:

Why not both? :bat:

Yea, though I walk through the valley of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. And because I am the meanest son of a bitch in the valley :draw:

Blessings,
    Bill

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Well, it could be learning through dialectic; but I think it's probably going to be just another liberally-biased view unfortunately.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Here'd by response/pitch for change. Do what Kennesaw did and require that every household have a fire-arm, and the designated person will go through extensive defense courses at state expense.

That wiill answer her dumbass question of "are you smart enough to use a gun, you poor defenseless citizens?"

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Here'd by response/pitch for change. Do what Kennesaw did and require that every household have a fire-arm, and the designated person will go through extensive defense courses at state expense.

That wiill answer her dumbass question of "are you smart enough to use a gun, you poor defenseless citizens?"

You just opened a can of worms with that first statement about Requirements. This shall be interesting.

Anyone care to comment? :D I'm resisting the urge...

:popcorn:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Not crazy about the idea of it being mandated to either own a gun and ammo OR have training, but the Kennesaw law is OK- It has no "teeth" and if you choose not to own a gun and ammo, there is no penalty to which you are subject.

Allowing gov't to give any requirement regarding guns is just bad juju all the way around, IMHO.

Blessings,
    Bill

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    It's this whole business about "force-on-force."

It can be simplified to a school yard. A bully gets to be a bully for two reasons.

1. Opportunity. He's bigger and stronger than everyone else.

2. He's a jerk-off.

If you remove his opportunity by putting him only with people his size, problem is solved, and we are left with a sullied jerk-off.

Why does did that Jiverly guy have that made him able to pull off his attack?

1. Opportunity. He supposedly practiced regularly at the range, and he has fire-arms.

2. He's got the mind-set that he's actually going to go through with it. Obviously we can't put this to the test without enacting some seriously detailed mandated gun ownership laws that require training with possession (which is a good idea in itself).

If everyone in that building had a gun, the odds are favorable that he would have been stopped dead in his tracks fairly quickly. No it doesn't mean that he wouldn't get maybe 2-3 shots off first due to element of suprise, but let's be serious. The cops' response time doesn't change so at least that many are gone anyway.

As has been said before, the criminals are going to get their guns however they can. And if they can't, we can do like london and go back to knifings...

Top Bottom