• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Putting this here instead of political cause I see it from the OC stand point.

Yesterday we took the family to a community event located in Lexington. This event was an outdoor showing of "Despicable Me 2" and four to five bouncy houses for the kids, a rockwall climb, various booths, a small auction and free hotdogs and hamburgers. Basically a big event for community children with a LARGE amount of kids and parents turning out for it. As always I was OC'ing my Navy. One of the booths we stopped by was the Scott County Sheriff's booth where I got to meet Sheriff Dan McClain. He gave the kids some "Jr Deputy" badge stickers and we got a few brochures. Not one word about my Open Carry, no "You got a License" .... nothing, like it was invisible. +1 to the good Sheriff.

Today we went to an event for the Heritage Trail in Madison. This event was sponsored by the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office. Several officers were manning the grill cooking free hotdogs and hamburgers for the people. Both uniformed and non uniformed were present with Sheriff John Wallace acting as the head cook. It was a pleasure meeting Sheriff Wallace also, and again, not a single word was said or funny look noticed from the LEO present, just good food and good times with a friendly community. Another +1.

I was the only non LEO OC'ing at both events and had a nice conversation with a fellow that I made the acquaintance of while waiting in line at the first event on firearms and carry in general. He was a recent transplant from Colorado.

All in all BIG +1 to Sheriff McClain and Sheriff Wallace.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Good for everyone involved. :+1:

I've never gotten so much as a 'sideways glance' carrying a handgun for almost 40 years. For those that have, one just has to wonder if it's 'everybody else' or it's them, eh?

jenoble99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    S.IN
    Another Scott CO resident here. We were unable to go to the community event in Lexington due to a preschool graduation for our son. I heard there was a large turn out. It sounds like it's going to be a monthly event, maybe we can make the next one.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Good for everyone involved. :+1:

I've never gotten so much as a 'sideways glance' carrying a handgun for almost 40 years. For those that have, one just has to wonder if it's 'everybody else' or it's them, eh?
    I think your on to something here. I have only been carrying for a few months, but I haven't ever had anybody say a word to me about it, not even the CO who checked my fishing license the other day, and I had to push the holster back a little to get my wallet out of my front pocket, so I'm pretty sure he noticed it?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I find that if you carry and just go about your everyday business without drawing attention to the fact that you are carrying then pretty much everyone else that does'nt carry will do the same.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    It's kind of like pants. Walk around with no pants on with lots of confidence, and people rarely notice that you are nekkid below the shirt hem level. You start walking around like yous are nekkids, and they start staring.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    It's Scott county, and our sheriff is also a supporter if the 2nd amendment, I have never had a cross word with one of their deputies or any other officer in Sc9ott county. You should have been in the local Walmart last week, there was OC everywhere...

Top Bottom