• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well it started raining here @ the IBM household right @ 7pm tonight, and here it is 11:35pm and my AcuRite Home 5-1 Weather Station has a total rainfall of 2.54 inches of rain, with no end in sight for a very long time.

Now I know this won't reach the epic proportions of what we had fall years ago that ravaged Johnson, Bartholomew and other counties, but this is not looking good considering from what I have seen on Intellicast weather radar.

Hope everyone that needs working sump pumps has backup up power and does not incur any property loss or damage.

Stay dry and safe.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    16 inches of snow and still snowing with a few more inches expected by morning.
    Weather Forecast Two Harbors, MN | Two Harbors Weather | Wunderground
    Heavy snow has been reported across much of the area...with a recent report of 16 inches five miles north of Two Harbors. In addition to the snow...gusty northerly winds of 30 to 40 mph will cause blowing and drifting...and near white out conditions in spots. Winter Storm Warning in effect until 10 am CDT Friday...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Drowning here in Westfield. There is so much water I can't get to my church to start building an ark. The road to the building is closed, completely under lots of water.

So who was complaining about the drought last year?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Low side of our neighborhood is a lake with house-shaped islands...

We're on the high side but our basement is seeping. Sump is working, but new ejection pipe is leaking.

Going to be a rough night.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    According to my electronic rain gauge, we only got 0.75" here. It usually reads a little low so maybe, almost an inch here. Now the other night, we got 1.6" in about 30 minutes.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Not much rain at all in Greenwood. The system had pretty well broken up by the time it came that far.

-J-

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Never seen this much standing water near my house and my perimeter drain is still draining to the field tile. That $15k drain was worth it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Ended up with a total of 3.89 inches.

I got lakes in my yard.:laugh:

Went to Menards to buy some snow fencing to keep my Border Collie from trouncing around one spot that is about 15% of my 1.2 acre lot of what we call "Lake Wilson" that always fills with about 4 inches of water between me and my neighbors houses.

Wouldn't mind it too much, but it's a highly shaded area from 3 pines trees and a Maple that creates a HUGE problem on trying to grow grass there and is mostly mud when it rains. For some reason my BC loves to run into and around that area.

She's gonna be on lockout from that area for a couple off weeks.:nono:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Road washed out.

2B488BC1-7586-497E-933B-FC130B8EE99D-6159-00000375E0FCAFBB.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wildcat is over its banks. It's up to about 20' from the back of the shop.....

The white things in the water are the tops of a couple of cars, the red thing in the middle is an inflatable boat. :noob:

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    16 inches of snow and still snowing with a few more inches expected by morning.
    Weather Forecast Two Harbors, MN | Two Harbors Weather | Wunderground
    Heavy snow has been reported across much of the area...with a recent report of 16 inches five miles north of Two Harbors. In addition to the snow...gusty northerly winds of 30 to 40 mph will cause blowing and drifting...and near white out conditions in spots. Winter Storm Warning in effect until 10 am CDT Friday...

Feel for you guys and the rain...but this is how my plow truck looked this morning.
    2qi7o79.jpg

Of course the battery was dead so I had to jump it.It is a good thing the M1009 will drive through anything.
    2hrfxvc.jpg

After...
    20j1lec.jpg

And last the Plow truck.A 1985 Diesel k5.The snow was very wet and heavy.This was my first ever April Blizzard with right at 14 inches in the last 24 hours.The truck did a great job(I do need chains though).
    rwihpu.jpg

Top Bottom