• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I generally think if you go looking for a reaction, you will find it.
    ^^^ This right here.

Add to that:
    The public is uneducated, and selfish.
    Law enforcement often enforces directives of local political leaders, or personal ideals over "laws".

I generally find it best to just mind my own damn business, and try not to cause a stir out in public.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    What's really interesting is that the "First Amendment audit" people seem to have morphed into the real life livestreamers. Jerkoffs with body cams wandering around causing trouble, doing "pranks", and trying to get a rise out of people, all live on the internet while their followers egg them on.

Dumb as hell. Look for trouble long enough, you'll find more than you can handle.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What's really interesting is that the "First Amendment audit" people seem to have morphed into the real life livestreamers. Jerkoffs with body cams wandering around causing trouble, doing "pranks", and trying to get a rise out of people, all live on the internet while their followers egg them on.

Dumb as hell. Look for trouble long enough, you'll find more than you can handle.

You have good and bad first amendment auditors, just like you have good and bad police officers.

Some of those auditors only look for confrontation with police to get views and get money.

But you will find plenty of good auditors who also post their positive encounters with the police.

They walk around with a camera and meet some professional officers who happen to not violate their rights like in this video.

A guy is filming police cars parked outside of the station and two officers show up (at 3:30) to ask if he wants his picture taken with one of their vehicles.

I've seen other videos where an auditor doing the same thing is questioned by the police, asked to ID himself and sometimes even detained, just for engaging in a constitutionally protected activity.

I think it's important to see good cops being good cops, especially when you usually just see terrible interactions between the public and the police shown in the news.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I think that it’s more pressure on a work force that’s getting attacked from all angles. Doesn’t seem to be a topic that others are interested in. I will show myself out.
    That is my impression too. When I see guys go downtown carrying an ak and wearing body armor, I know it might be legal, but I always feel bad that some cop who already has their hands full has to figure out if this joker is here to throw down or just trolling for an interaction for their youtube channel.

US1882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2020
    Noblesville
    I’ve been binge watching for a couple days. Have to say I may have switched opinions. I understand that the “professional” encounters with law enforcement probably don’t get the most views and therefore the algorithms don’t suggest them as often, but it’s amazing to me that so many law enforcement officers don’t know the law and secondly that with all these videos that each individual force doesn’t recognize these audits are happening and hold a 30 minute training session to make the field officers aware of what they may walk into.

Top Bottom