Where are all the Nighthawks?

TiM6u1p.jpg

wmbraswell2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2019
    COLUMBUS
    I have a 1911 Taurus and absolutely love it. Shoots like a dream accurate and never has failed me. Looking into building a 1911 any advice anyone wants to offer is welcomed.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I never felt that I had a 1911 that was special enough to post in this thread, but I believe that I do now.
    Recently, Wilson Combat offered about (20) sets of Wooly Mammoth grips. I chose a set that was from the 10,000 year old beast's tusks.

With the help of my CZ'icko brother, Churchmouse, the ambidextrous safety was removed from my stainless Springfield Loaded, so that the grips would fit.
    I put them on with some 24K gold-plated screws, and I'm pleased with the result.

i-PCDWb3S-XL.jpg

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I never felt that I had a 1911 that was special enough to post in this thread, but I believe that I do now.
    Recently, Wilson Combat offered about (20) sets of Wooly Mammoth grips. I chose a set that was from the 10,000 year old beast's tusks.

With the help of my CZ'icko brother, Churchmouse, the ambidextrous safety was removed from my stainless Springfield Loaded, so that the grips would fit.
    I put them on with some 24K gold-plated screws, and I'm pleased with the result.

i-PCDWb3S-XL.jpg

I want it. Now.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton

i-PCDWb3S-XL.jpg

I think that 1911’s are a work of art. Yours is just outstanding. Everything just works perfect.

Abominator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 22, 2019
    Auburn
    -MindfulMan. That is so cool. I have never heard of that. What a beautiful 1911! Guess I'll be on the hunt for some Sasquatch bones....and a 1911.

TexasRedneck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Texas - where else?<G>

My friend, in my book our guns are like our wives - others might think them ugly, but in our eyes they are the finest in the world.

NEVER apologize for ANY gun you own, that you paid your own money for.:rockwoot:

<well, except Hi-Point. No one deserves that.....>:laugh:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    My friend, in my book our guns are like our wives - others might think them ugly, but in our eyes they are the finest in the world.

NEVER apologize for ANY gun you own, that you paid your own money for.:rockwoot:

<well, except Hi-Point. No one deserves that.....>:laugh:

Fair point ! :yesway:

Top Bottom