• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have no idea. If you have a solid platform then there is no reason short of actually loosing the plug to hav to do this. No idea.

As to the guide rod.

I have experienced the full effect of running the rod over the plug. I have witnesses.
    Yes the plug and loose spring will work just fine. Has for over 100 years so the argument can be made as to why do the rod.

OK. Being from a racing background and knowing some seriously intelligent people I have come to realize that hazing the spring set on a well guided and contained path will show some benefits over the plug set up. And yes the nay-sayers and cheapo's will argue this. OK argue away.

Looking at an engine or a hand gun as the sum total of all the parts and fitment you put into it is how I have tailored my approach to building both. Every thing you do to improve that piece you are spending effort on will pay off if you do it properly. It may only be 3 cents on a dollar scale what you are doing right now but keep to it and all those little loose change improvements will eventually add up to the full dollar.

If this makes any sense to you then we are like minded. If not.....run your gun. Save your money and efforts and buy ammo. And no knock on you in this pursuit.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Added a Stan Chen SI Magwell to the workshop gun. Very nice out of the box fit.

That’s it for changes until Allen gets a hold of it.

7a941746283d9f265a94520ee5420be8.jpg

Top Bottom