1866 Yellowboy Repros. Is Uberti the king?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • auedotq

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2024
    Auburn
    I have recentlyfell in love with lever guns after purchashing a Henry Golden Boy in .22LR. I feel that my Henry might be feeling lonely and needs a new companion. I am considering purchasing an 1866 Yellowboy, and while I know that Uberti is renowned for reproductions, I have limited experience with their firearms. But before making a purchase, I would like to know if anyone on the forums has experience with rifles from other manufacturers. Cimarron is a name that I see frequently. I appreciate any input that can guide me towards choosing the perfect rifle. Thank you in advance.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Right now, there seems to be a plethora of lever guns out there, depending on your budget, it shouldn't be that hard to find what you want, good luck, and you have been bitten by the lever bug!!

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Uberti/Cimmaron are basically the same, if not exactly the same. My experience has shown they are with spending money on, especially in light of the cost of originals! I think their build quality and attention to detail are quite good. For lever gun action on YouTube, check out The Cinnabar.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Also, don't forget that Winchester made a 100 year anniversary edition in 1966. They are well made and can be had for a fraction of the cost of a "real" one and even less than a new repop, the only problem is finding one.

jamesb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    uberti, a. uberti, perderosoli, all make fine repos. They are all pretty equal in quality but the different importers (cimarron, taylor's, etc..)do have some different specs and price points. I have several a.ubertis that were purchased through taylor's including a 1866 and I have been very happy with them. I also have guns from uberti cimarron and perderosoli that I am happy with. My 3 repo lever guns (2 1873, 1 1866) have all been worked on by Cody Conagher and run smooth as butter. The older lever guns models (henry, 1866, 1873) will always feel smoother that the modern one (92, 94) and this is just by design. The modern levers I have had all seemed to feel the same but the winchesters were better quality than the rossi's. I have no expirience with the modern henry firearms.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Have three Uberti 1866 rifles, 44-40 rifle, 44-40 carbine, and 45 Colt Rifle. I like the 44-40s better as I could run my standard 200 grain bullets in them. The 45 Colt required a new mold with a different COAL.

Top Bottom