• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Made a pawnshop find today. It’s marked Navy Arms on top of the barrel and the underside of the barrel is marked A. Uberti and Gregorelli. Seems in the late 50’s Uberti had the factory and Gregorelli had the license so they collaborated to make these from 1959-1962… in 1963 Uberti became licensed on their own. For all intents and purposes it looks to be unfired. The silver plating on the gripframe is very worn. Otherwise this one is in perfect condition. Maybe a lot of armchair westerns while fondling this one but bought it very well and look forward to breaking it down and giving everything a good cleaning and lubrication and eventually taking it to the range.

Attachments

• IMG_2065.jpeg
      IMG_2065.jpeg
      259.9 KB · Views: 51
    • IMG_2064.jpeg
      IMG_2064.jpeg
      252.6 KB · Views: 51

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Made a pawnshop find today. It’s marked Navy Arms on top of the barrel and the underside of the barrel is marked A. Uberti and Gregorelli. Seems in the late 50’s Uberti had the factory and Gregorelli had the license so they collaborated to make these from 1959-1962… in 1963 Uberti became licensed on their own. For all intents and purposes it looks to be unfired. The silver plating on the gripframe is very worn. Otherwise this one is in perfect condition. Maybe a lot of armchair westerns while fondling this one but bought it very well and look forward to breaking it down and giving everything a good cleaning and lubrication and eventually taking it to the range.

That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I need to get my cap and ball pistols out...It's been too long

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Fun find.
    Allens?

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I have recently picked up a similar one. I read somewhere that the very early ones that have a Gregorelli mark are rather
    collectible. Mine doesn't and is from the early 60's. It's ready to go to the range with powder and ball in it but no caps.
    Number 11 caps are a little loose on the original nipples as they are meant for #10 but good luck finding any of those. An old
    timer said to just give the sides of #11 a pinch so they tighten right up and it appears to work.

thumbnail (74).jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Jan 19, 2009
    Leadeye I like the bottom one

The bottom one is an 1849, Colt made both in his London factory, but over time he closed the factory and just maintained a sales office. Sam wiped up the floor with British revolver manufacturers at the London exposition in 1853 and the man did know how to put on a show. His display of interchangeable parts in revolvers drew a lot of attention. His Pall Mall street sales office, the period equivalent to Rodeo Drive today, was frequented by well heeled officers for years.

The 1851 was one of the most popular revolvers of it's day, sold all over the world.

Top Bottom