100 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles – MRAPs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I thought I saw a couple of MRAPs at the Beech Grove Railyard yesterday. On closer inspection, they turned out to be diesel locomotives but...........see my sign line!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    He is such a tool. Whatever grain of truth he may uncover is drowned in his ocean of fantasy.

Look, you know what happens when you point out what a tool Ron Paul is. We get furrie upon furrie of INGOtarians yiffing all about the political subforum.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    MRAP's are being delivered to many, many communities across the U.S. as suposed "surplus" military vehicles.

West Lafayette just took possession of what sure looks like an MRAP a couple of weeks ago.

Who knows.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Spetsnaz at Wal-Mart? He is certain it was not just me and some friends speaking Russian in search of .22lr?

If to him anyone that speaks a foreign language is a member of some special forces he must also see some Mexican or Korean special forces at Walmart. :):

And a lot of foreign military personell are being trained on US soil!

Yep.They even fly drones over US soil. :runaway:

At Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico on 24 September 2013, France's first pair of MQ-9 Reaper pilots conducted a two hour training sortie. Both French pilots had prior experience flying UAVs, and went through a five-week ground-based training course and 5 hours on a flight simulator before the first flight

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If to him anyone that speaks a foreign language is a member of some special forces he must also see some Mexican or Korean special forces at Walmart. :):
    At Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico on 24 September 2013, France's first pair of MQ-9 Reaper pilots conducted a two hour training sortie. Both French pilots had prior experience flying UAVs, and went through a five-week ground-based training course and 5 hours on a flight simulator before the first flight

Yep.They even fly drones over US soil. :runaway:

The German Air Force has been permanently stationed at Holloman AFB for decades. There are several country's military and families stationed at Little Rock AFB AR in the C 130 training schools. Several countries take part in the Defense language institute at Lackland AFB TX. The US takes part with the UN so the combination of nations that make up the UN training here is really not earth shattering or new news.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    MRAPS are pretty specialized vehicles which will presently be surplus to military needs. I'm not surprised to see them put out to pasture as surplus to military needs, nor am I surprised that police departments would be interested in them - despite the inherent maintenance and operational inefficiencies which result from using non-standard equipment, usually in indifferent repair when they are surplused out.

Top Bottom