• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I just found and purchased some 200 grain Federal HST in 10 mm rounds. My usual carry is Underwood 180 grain Speer Gold-dots. They both have pretty good gel tests, but I am wondering what the other 10 mm fans think about the two rounds.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I think theyre too close in weight to have any meaningful difference in results but I've tried both and they both work. My fav is the 60gr hp Liberty Defense round. I shot my burn barrel, 55gal drum, with it and it looked like I had shot it with a 12ga slug. The exit hole was huge.
    It's also cool that it turned my 5" 1911 into a firebreathing dragon.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I think theyre too close in weight to have any meaningful difference in results but I've tried both and they both work. My fav is the 60gr hp Liberty Defense round. I shot my burn barrel, 55gal drum, with it and it looked like I had shot it with a 12ga slug. The exit hole was huge.
    It's also cool that it turned my 5" 1911 into a firebreathing dragon.
    60gr 10mm??

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Wow, I kinda assumed that was a typo. Ultralight ammo going really fast… seems like it could work pretty well. How come more ammo manufacturers don’t go that route?

PatriotX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 6, 2014
    Michiana
    Wow, I kinda assumed that was a typo. Ultralight ammo going really fast… seems like it could work pretty well. How come more ammo manufacturers don’t go that route?
    Penetration, momentum, fragmentation.

Those 200gr pills look like the 10mm version of the ‘flying ashtray!’

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Sounds like that back-in-the-day description of the .44 magnum. You can shoot a bad guy hiding behind the refrigerator...............in your next door neighbor's house!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I know that the ammo gurus will come along shortly, to speak platitudes about
    bullet design, fragmentation, penetration, etc...
    BUT ,,,, we're talking about pushing those little pills out at 2400 fps ..... that's cookin', folks ! :wow:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    BUT ,,,, we're talking about pushing those little pills out at 2400 fps ..... that's cookin', folks ! :wow:
    I havnt had them over a crono but 2400fps is what they say they are. Wouldnt doubt theyre off by much just by the fireball and holes they left. I use Underwood 180gr mainly but having a couple boxes of these in the reserve gives me the warm fuzzys.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The ones for the 45 ACP from Liberty are insane fast and "LOUD" at indoor facility.

Top Bottom