• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Maybe, but I'm not poopoo'ing those in the theater since I was not there. It is easy for us to say what we would do in the comforts of home with the benefit of hindsight. I would HOPE I could defend against such things but that mostly falls into the "luck" category. Tackle is fine, but what are you gonna do after that? Don't get yourself killed knocking him down only to have him pop right back up, your dead and now there is no one protecting your family. At first the movie goers though this was a publicity stunt to go along with the movie so no one moved until gas was deployed and shots rang out. Then you have a theater full to the brim with movie goers now all trying to run out. Remember, firing shots "in his general vicinity" will likely hit movie goers rather than the perp. .45ACP will hurt through armor but pain will be dulled or numbed completely by will/adrenaline. Pelvic shots will stop the determined shooter wearing armor over body and head. Just food for thought.

I completely agree. I don't think we can even begin to put oursleves in that situation and say we would do X because I doubt you would have much time to think or process information while it happened.

Center of mass shots will likely hit his hands/arms/neck which are also not armored. The North Hollywood guy was put out of commision when his thumb was shot off and he could not reload IIRC.

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    one of the news headlines i read stated that this was not a terrorist act. If not then what the hell kind of act was it, i guess if they aren't wearing turbines and screaming Allah then its not a terrorist act.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is a horrible situation. It will provide plenty of grist for the anti-gunners mills for years to come through the trial, etc. As for what WE would do in that situation, no one really knows. In the few a$$ puckering situations I have been in, nothing quite like this of course, I can only tell you that some of the toughest guys were the ones cowering in the corner and some of the real milquetoast guys were on the job doing what they were supposed to do. You can never know for sure.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    one of the news headlines i read stated that this was not a terrorist act. If not then what the hell kind of act was it, i guess if they aren't wearing turbines and screaming Allah then its not a terrorist act.

:yesway:

I guess they never heard of domestic terrorism. :rolleyes:

They just cant understand that a US citizen can be a terrorist also.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I completely agree. I don't think we can even begin to put oursleves in that situation and say we would do X because I doubt you would have much time to think or process information while it happened.

Center of mass shots will likely hit his hands/arms/neck which are also not armored. The North Hollywood guy was put out of commision when his thumb was shot off and he could not reload IIRC.

If you have never been shot at before, it is quite a startling experience. I know long time cops that have never been shot at. I have been, twice, and a gun pointed at my face a third time. Two of those times was during work. First time was when I was a kid hunting with my brother.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

I think most people in the theatre would say they were "terrified"!!!!!

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Holy ****. This is horrible. And during a good movie too. Glad I carry and I carry a flash light too.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    10 dead in Aurora movie theater shooting | 9news.com
    Shooter kicked in emergency door, threw in smoke grenade or some kind of distracting device and started shooting. Shooter also wore a gas mask.

How do you defend yourself against something like that?

Don't live in, move into, eat, shop, drive, or anything else in Illinois.

If you are already there, pull up stakes and get out immediatly.

Their one major city is over 50% zombies and gaining. The state all ows no right to defend against zombies.

All you can do is run.

Please forgive my jumping to the conclusion that this was in Aroura Illinois. I should have realized that it said 9news and not WGN.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Hmm, I was just going by a caller in the theater, close enough to the shooter that hot brass was falling on her, her words. She said the gas was painful, burned her eyes, gagged her...just saying.
    I heard a report from a hospital that said they were treating people for symptoms of something like tear gas as well.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    This will spur more gun sales. When a house burns down, neighbors check their smoke alarms and buy extinguishers.

As was said this really brings home the need for a flashlight. What about training with one-handed shooting while holding a flashlight in your off hand? I'm guessing that is a bit harder. Do people really
    Do the Hollywood crossed forearm shooting support style when using a light?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Why do these idiots on t.v. Think they have to just keep talking?! They are talking out of their asses!
    One guy is saying someone could go to a Harry Potter movie with a rifle in a broomstick:n00b:
    I wish they would just REPORT the NEWS and stop the speculation!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Why do these idiots on t.v. Think they have to just keep talking?! They are talking out of their asses!
    One guy is saying someone could go to a Harry Potter movie with a rifle in a broomstick:n00b:
    I wish they would just REPORT the NEWS and stop the speculation!
    Might as well wish for World Peace and Unicorns.

Top Bottom