+1 for Tasco Propoint 5MOA (aimpoint looker)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I recently bought a Tasco Propoint and a Larue QD LOW aimpoint mount for my Scout M1a.

I know I know, a TASCO?! I bought it to try out the configuration of the Aimpoint/Scout mount sight picture. So, instead of dropping $450 on an Aimpoint, I figured I'd try out a cheaper scope. This was a good choice.

Went to range yesterday and ran this combo throught some rough treatment. I was able to zero the scope rather quickly at 25M. I chose 25M b/c with a .308 you have a no elevation adjustments for up to 250M. Anything beyond that the MPBR is no good.

I shot 200 rounds of barnaul 147grs. (chamber is still 'red' from the lacquer) It took me 4 rounds to sight in and place a 1.5" group at 25M. After that it was hard pushing, barrel smoking double taps.

The Tasco really has impressed me. It is made in S. Korea. The dot is very very clear. Thought it is 5MOA, when dialed down to the #1 setting on the scope you can place really good groups as the circle is very clear.

For 104. shipped from Opticsplanet.com this was worth the price. Even I bought this as a test to determine if I would like the setup. I am going to run this little reddot until it dies, then maybe then I may pony up for an Aimpoint.

For those looking at this model, mine held zero during 200 rounds of .308 in subfreezing temps and rain... and my hickish abilities. lol.

Top Bottom