• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Watching the video, he seems to shift between euphoria and concern, like he knows what's going to happen at the end of the chase.

I have a friend (who is black, which, I think is relevant) and she was sad, not understanding why they tazed him and then emptied their magazine(s), didn't try CPR, etc. I challenged her to re-watch the video, looking for clues that there was more to the situation than just some kid killed for running from the cops (what was his mental state, etc.). And, to watch it as if she were an officer, and to understand how officers are trained for these situations (and, better, ask an officer, so she can learn).

Narratives are being written on both sides.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know which song would be better....

I Fought the Law, and the Law Won

or

Friend of the Devil

Maybe I'll play them both whilst reading further. :)

I don't do rap. Too hard to find anything that rhymes with mother****er.

Both are good choices. I prefer the latter myself. :)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Am I correct that "4 years home detention for an armed robbery conviction" means total freedom with no monitoring or restrictions whatsoever?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    If you tell a group of people that they have no chance, they have a target on their back and that there is no "escape", they start to believe it and view every incident through that distorted narrative.

Ok a "brainwashing " of sorts I can understand that.

What I can't figure out is why after so many have died doing the same thing nobody gets the concept of don't shoot at police and you'll live longer .

Years ago when I was a kid I worked on a cattle farm. After a few times I learned which fences NOT to grab.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

What I can't figure out is why after so many have died doing the same thing nobody gets the concept of don't shoot at police and you'll live longer .

Years ago when I was a kid I worked on a cattle farm. After a few times I learned which fences NOT to [STRIKE]grab[/STRIKE] pee on.

FIFY... ;)

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Two officers ran over and killed a pedestrian in the last week or so. Accidents happen. So do distractions.

I can barely turn on the wifi on my phone for the insurance app without taking my eyes off the road. A long time ago there used to be two officers to a car, and no computer or cell phones.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Years ago when I was a kid I worked on a cattle farm. After a few times I learned which fences NOT to grab.

Public schools no longer encourage independent thought, colleges have all but banned it on campus. They believe what they're told because it's easy (no thinking required) and in their minds the agenda removes responsibility from the criminals so their own behavior must be acceptable. I don't know of many situations which improve without the willing participation of those involved. When you don't teach a child the difference between right and wrong they grow up not truly understanding why their actions result in painful consequences.

I wish I knew the solution but the victim route that pieces of **** like Andre Carson try to use do nothing but perpetuate the problem. I've always been a believer that our welfare society enables criminal behavior, when you're busy working so you have something to eat you aren't stealing from someone else. When you hand people everything they need to live a comfortable life they have nothing but free time on their hands and I've not met a single person who was taking advantage of the system and using their excess time in a positive manner.

Top Bottom