• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That's nice, but I will still never buy one.
    No you should never buy a NEW one.

But there are hordes of 90s and very early 2000s chevys out there to be had that will run for years more.

These are the ones that run for 300,000, can be fixed under a shade tree, and are really reliable.

Screw electric, screw cars that shut themselves off at a light, try an update themselves over a remote link, and require a nuclear physicist to fix.

I won’t even look at 2002 or newer. Mostly 1999 and older.

300780468_2957930257686509_4843451962341955224_n-jpg.270251

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Never buy another. Just put a new $3716.72 tranny in mine. Completely failed at 129,000 miles.
    2005 Silverado. Tranny rebuild at 125k. All brake lines completely rusted. Low range out. Instrument cluster servos crapped out. Rear bumper completely rusted through. I’d previously owned a 93 and 95 K1500 with no major issues. This thing has been sitting and rusting at 136k the last 5 years because I was done fixing **** on it. I need to scrap it. Chevy can kiss my ass.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    2005 Silverado. Tranny rebuild at 125k. All brake lines completely rusted. Low range out. Instrument cluster servos crapped out. Rear bumper completely rusted through. I’d previously owned a 93 and 95 K1500 with no major issues. This thing has been sitting and rusting at 136k the last 5 years because I was done fixing **** on it. I need to scrap it. Chevy can kiss my ass.
    Yeah it was about then they went to shite.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yeah. I don't know how many people, if any, commenting here are interested in buying a Chevy truck. We're only commenting on the ad, which imo is quite excellent.

I test drove a Silverado ZR2 and sat in a Colorado ZR2. The Silverado was nice, but wasn't what I was looking for. It rode very comfortably, the interior was comfortable and well appointed, and the 6.2L/10A drive train was potent. I ultimately preferred the Ram Power Wagon, but that didn't make the Chevy a bad choice, just not the first choice for me.

The Colorado was so uncomfortable I would have given the sales rep $20 to not let me drive it. Worst seats in a truck I've ever sat in. It's like they looked at a Tacoma and said "we can do worse than that...somehow."

I still have my 2011 Camaro SS/RS. These cars are fairly bulletproof, it's nothing to see 200k examples still rolling with no issue and looking good. The only relatively common defect is the blend door from the HVAC can break, which is an expensive fix if done correctly but not bad if you're willing to cut a little access door in plastic, fix it through the door, then seal it back up. It's in an area nobody ever sees, so if mine ever goes that's likely the route I'll take. The only issue with mine to date is one of the backup sensors is out. I don't care enough to fix it. Oh, and the battery is dead in one of the TPMS sensors. I'll probably get new sensors next year when it's warm weather again.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    hey dont dis the Corsica.

It uses no gas, and thanks to the glasspack on it, every modern car owner can be annoyed with 2.2L Chevy noises.

Or everyone thinks the postal truck is coming. The postal trucks are based on an S10 chassis using that engine.

Everyone with your fancy arse cars on the road, can kiss my arse.. Yes I could afford some fancy arse Merc G-Wagon or whatever if I wanted. Several in fact. I choose to instead drive and collect simple cars that entertain me, don't annoy the feck out of me with gadgets, and..

If it doesn't come with roll up windows, a good heater, two keys (one for the ignition, and one for the doors and trunk) and such, I am not interested.

Don't make me pull off the muffler from my 1998 C3500 short cab dually.... ts a 454 .... even I have to keep some sort of muffler on that thing. Now that's a bad arse truck, they don't offer them this config any more.

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    hey dont dis the Corsica.

It uses no gas, and thanks to the glasspack on it, every modern car owner can be annoyed with 2.2L Chevy noises.

Or everyone thinks the postal truck is coming. The postal trucks are based on an S10 chassis using that engine.

Everyone with your fancy arse cars on the road, can kiss my arse.. Yes I could afford some fancy arse Merc G-Wagon or whatever if I wanted. Several in fact. I choose to instead drive and collect simple cars that entertain me, don't annoy the feck out of me with gadgets, and..

If it doesn't come with roll up windows, a good heater, two keys (one for the ignition, and one for the doors and trunk) and such, I am not interested.

Don't make me pull off the muffler from my 1998 C3500 short cab dually.... ts a 454 .... even I have to keep some sort of muffler on that thing. Now that's a bad arse truck, they don't offer them this config any more.
    I promise not to kiss your arse because you drive an old car. And you don't have to kiss mine because I drive a new one.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Maybe take better care of them because that has not been my experience since the early 90’s…
    Agreed. Our 06 Sierra is now showing its age with the rockers and one bed side (Allen and crew replaced the other a few years back). Dads 03 is about the same. At least it’s not a Durango still under warranty with rust holes in the hatch

Top Bottom