• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Next NWI INGO Meet & Shoot should be...

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Once the poll ends (later tonight) I will then begin to post those attending and what they are bringing so you get an idea of what equipment will be there. Most shooters are happy to let you shoot so long as you bring some ammo for the gun in question. Others will let you shoot period. It's been a very informal meet & shoot so far. I believe that 451_Shooter (????) will be doing some organized drills this time around.

Apart from that for some of us (in the NORTH WEST part of NWI [EC, Hammond, Griffith, Highland, Gary] area) this range is one of the few places to shoot shotgun and rifle that is close to us & free & very pertty.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I belong to NPCCC, North Porter County Conservation Club in Chesterton, Indiana and they are all outdoors with a trap range, 3 pistol ranges (1 has a plate rack), and a 100 yard rifle range. Almost every weekend there is some sort of shooting going on and you don't need to be a member to participate. Looking foward to Winamac and meeting everyone.

Never been to NPCCC (I do know GhostOfWinter has invited but just have never been able to make it happen) so can't talk about it much. Have been to the MCGC (MI City Gun Glub) and it's nice.

What I have found I like about Winamac is that when we (NWI INGO) do this we take over the entire 25' yards (6 stalls) and have a group of regulars that bring a ton of guns and we just have a good time. There is no "drills/compeition" (will be some this time maybe) just a shoot whatever you like amoung other INGO members.

Whereas at the open NPCCC is it not a structured event that is open to the public and not just a bring whatever you want and shoot? :dunno:
    Not knocking NPCCC since I don't know it.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    every four weeks or so? Maybe in July - which is pretty busy as well. One of these times. Would love to meet and shoot with fellow INGO'ers

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OK the date has been set! Please post if you plan on coming and what you may be bringing.

ex.

Jediagh + 2

1911 (.45 ACP)
    WASR AK47 (7.62x39)
    Moss500

I will update the main post. Please post the caliber of your gun so that others can bring ammo if they want to try your gun.

@Gunbunny if you are coming can you please bring the SP101 so I can try it out. Still have that box of .38 Special. =p

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I should be there, and ill bring:

Tommy gun (.45 ACP)
    Saiga-12 (12 Gauge)
    30.30 Marlin
    and if it gets fixed in time, an AR-15 (.556/.223)

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Bubba and I will be there, although late again. Should be there by 12:30 this time.

Hopefully bringing at least one guest, maybe two. Either or both my 14 year old sis and my dad.

Will bring, as usual:
    Glock 23 (.40)
    S&W M&P Pro (9mm)
    S&W 642 (.38sp)
    [STRIKE]Taurus 709 slim[/STRIKE] :xmad: (Apparently it is now letting me pull the trigger with the safety on and likes to rattle.)

Remington 700 (.223)
    2 - Ruger 10/22 LTRs - and we can even teach you the three Appleseed positions, if you want. :D

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I will be there and will bring

Savage Mark 2 target rifle .22LR
    Ruger Mark 3 target pistol .22LR
    Ruger GP-100 4 inch revolver .357
    Kimber Pro CDP 2 pistol .45 ACP

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Baring anything happening (likework) LadyGhost and I will be there.

Toys being brought:
    Beretta Neos .22
    Walther P-22 .22
    HiPoint 995 Carbine 9mm
    Ruger 10/22 .22
    Springfield XD-9 9mm Service model (4")
    Springfeild XD-40 .40 Service model (4")

Not sure what else right now....

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Those anything like the Karma Sutra positions?? :dunno: :laugh:

Greg
    Well, they do put the body in unusual positions, hurt just a little bit and leave one physically exhausted and drained but spiritually satisfied... :bacondance:

Anyway, I'm thinking I'll bring the shotguns too. My Mossberg 500 12ga. slug thrower and a somewhat elderly Remington model 17 20ga. I rescued from my grandfather's estate last weekend, assuming I don't find any major flaws when I strip it down for cleaning.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I know I'm on the late end of things here but it looks like that day opened up for me---it's a bit of a drive but I think I can make it. I will post a definite "YES" when I know for sure. If I can attend I will bring:

Glock 23 (.40)
    Mosin 91/30 (7.62x54R)
    PSL-54C (7.62x54R)
    Bushmaster Carbon AR-15 (.223/5.56)

Thanks!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Kool PatriotPride but I think GunBunny has us all beat on the drive. He is in northern Hammond, if I recall correctly, and may have the longest drive of us all. Hum.. maybe Bubba might be another one since he is coming from the south.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom