• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I used Visa card points to fund a mini-vacation for my wife, daughter, son-in-law and granddaughters a while back. It was nice eating well and staying in a nice hotel, while taking in local attractions. We pay off our credit card bill every month and have for many, many years.
    Same. I run all of my corporate expenses through my Hilton Honors Amex. I havent paid for a personal hotel room in 10 years.
    And have never paid them a dime in interest.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    I've seen people get free guns here on Ingo, and they didn't even have to use a credit card, or points, or nothin!
    ... And I've seen that you are one of the major recipients!, especially at Friends of NRA functions! ;) I don't even bother participating in the raffle if you are present! :wallbash:

--Rick

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    ... And I've seen that you are one of the major recipients!, especially at Friends of NRA functions! ;) I don't even bother participating in the raffle if you are present! :wallbash:

--Rick
    The one's I was talking about here are all one's that I gave away.
    I've lost count, but I'm sure I've given away 6 Crickets.

ACR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Goshen
    I'm probably in the minority for my age (29) because I use a credit card for that very reason to get the points, also its easier to deal with fraud. But I have never not paid it off, I act like it's a debit card in that respect.
    I'm pretty lucky my only debt is the mortgage on my house.
    But yes it makes it easier to tell my wife on buying guns or gun things, "it's cash back from the credit card so I'm not really paying much for it."

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I don’t have a debit card. All of my purchases are with a credit card and paid off every week. Not free guns but I did cash out credit card points and hotel points to fly the family to Orlando for Spring break. Ended up costing $400 out of pocket for airfare and 4 nights at a Hilton resort next to Disney Springs.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I have a fix for that. WITHOUT CLEANING YOUR DL (you want some schmutz to weaken the glue) stick a target paster or other 1"ish sticker over the barcode. You only need to obscure part of it. It prevents a quick scan before you realize it, and if you NEED to scan it for legit reasons (LEO interaction, voting, etc) you can remove it quickly.

And what's it about? Harvesting and selling customer demographics data.
    That bar code is actually like 4 bar codes in that block. I forget what each was, but 1 of them is a tracker code. Oh and then there is another small 1 on the side too.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    We use the Kroger card for fuel points for the 1st part of the year. Once we hit the magic number to secure the extra .25 (I believe) per gallon, we switch to BPS, and I use that for hunting gear

brdhntr37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    I used to use my BP card for years and got a couple guns and hunting licenses, but actually realized their rewards back were not that great. I moved to a cash back Amex that accrues more points that I can cash out. That way, I am also not limited to spending it at both or cabelas only

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The rewards come from the fees charged when the card is used, not interest…
    I know. I'm simply mentioning that since I pay it off every month, I've never paid a dime in interest so its truly free to me.

Unlike somebody that would carry a balance and claim they were getting free rewards... even though they paid $200 last year in interest.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That bar code is actually like 4 bar codes in that block. I forget what each was, but 1 of them is a tracker code. Oh and then there is another small 1 on the side too.
    Im talking about the big rectangular 2d barcode. Just have to obscure part of it for the whole thing to not work.
    Everything on the front of your license (and then some) is contained in that 2d barcode. No Kroger, you dont need my height weight and address to buy beer. Just look at the DOB in the lower right corner.

SmolderOutdoors

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Westfield
    I signed up last fall. Blew points Xmas shopping last year but have been banking then since Xmas. This is exactly my thought- bank points all year and get a free gun at the end. I have a few cards but use the Cabela’s one for most of my purchases and just pay it off each month… paying interest would completely defeat the purpose lol.

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The rewards come from the fees charged when the card is used, not interest…
    You sir, are absolutely right.
    If only people would realized that using the CC,…they are ahead of the game versus paying with cash. Everything has the service fee % included in the price. So why not use the CC.
    (Have you noticed signs that offer a 3% reduction in the price if you’re paying with cash vs: CC.) That’s because they already added the service fee into the cost.
    Sadly, not everything is negotiable for this 3% or more reduction.
    So by using a CC you get some of your money back via: points, rewards etc.
    Whether I’m buying a senior coffee at McDonald’s or paying my property tax’s, I use a CC…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You sir, are absolutely right.
    If only people would realized that using the CC,…they are ahead of the game versus paying with cash. Everything has the service fee % included in the price. So why not use the CC.
    (Have you noticed signs that offer a 3% reduction in the price if you’re paying with cash vs: CC.) That’s because they already added the service fee into the cost.
    Sadly, not everything is negotiable for this 3% or more reduction.
    So by using a CC you get some of your money back via: points, rewards etc.
    Whether I’m buying a senior coffee at McDonald’s or paying my property tax’s, I use a CC…
    Pretty much my plan. I ask for a cash discount from many (even my dentist) no cash discount they get my CC for the cash back…

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    CC for property tax? I know Hamilton and Marion charge a hefty CC fee..
    Yes…I just can’t remember if I had to pay a CC fee when I last paid my property taxes at the Lake County courthouse.
    I sold that Winfield Indiana house in 2017.
    Here in “Crook County“ Illinois, I just paid my first tax installment at a Chase Bank and No CC charge.
    My village also takes CC for water an sewer bill when I pay in person.

Top Bottom