• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've always wanted my wife to have her own gun. She's been trained in using a G19 & G26 and prefered the G19. She mentioned that she'd like to have one of her own and when I found that I could get her one in Pink, then it was a done deal.

Pink G19.jpg

It's not that I want her to have a pink gun so that it looks cute or that she looks cute. I want her to have a pink gun because she'll want to shoot it more that way. If I have to pay an extra $50 to get my wife shooting more, then I'm going to do it. Now I just have to find some pink magazine base plates so she can accessorize.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Don't get me wrong here, but for the sake of making sure my wife has a safe functioning pistol I'm going to have to run a few hundred rounds through it myself just to make sure it's ok for her. It'll be interesting to see how the pink stands out against multicam. :)

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Finally picked it up last week. My wife thought it was neat and I was glad to see her all excited.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Don't get me wrong here, but for the sake of making sure my wife has a safe functioning pistol I'm going to have to run a few hundred rounds through it myself just to make sure it's ok for her. It'll be interesting to see how the pink stands out against multicam. :)
    Why can't she "run a few hundred rounds through it" herself?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Nice Teddy12b - my wife likes her G19 in basic black - BUT - it was a "Tiffany Blue" G-19 (or G-26, not positive) - that finally brought the daughter from 'no guns for me' to now having the LTCH and working on deciding what pistol is actually right.

I'll get it in whatever color she want. Pink and Blue Polka dots if I must - as long as he CARRIES it. EDC FTW. - Good Job to you and the Mrs.!

tbone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    gosport area
    my wife is old skool packs a 38 snubie the down side of that is,it was(ya was)my back up gun for many years.i let her try it out to see how she would like it.well she loved it,said thanks hon and put in her purse as she walked away,with my colt agent with a bobed hammer and soooo smooooth triger.sigh.

Last edited:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    my wife is old skool packs a 38 snubie

Mine is kinda old skool, her 38 is an LCR. but then, she also has been known to pack her service six snubbie(.357), and I can remember at least one time a policeman checking guns at the 1500 choking on his coffee when she pulled out her .44 Mag to let him zip tie it. Mine started out apprehensive about any gun, and now I think that she might have as many handguns as I do. She likes to accessorize, depending on what she is wearing, and where she is going.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm also looking for my first gun (and pink is my favorite color), but for some reason, the pink guns don't appeal to me at all. I want something that's all business.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Cool! My daughter wants that in Purple...I will have no problem getting one done for her! Who did the coloring? Is that Cerakoted?

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I'm also looking for my first gun (and pink is my favorite color), but for some reason, the pink guns don't appeal to me at all. I want something that's all business.

I'm thinking about having one done in a Dark Purple Frame and retaining the Black slide...for my daughter!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Cool! My daughter wants that in Purple...I will have no problem getting one done for her! Who did the coloring? Is that Cerakoted?

I got the wifes gun from Glock
    I think they'll do just about any color you can think of and it's only $50 on top of the price of the new gun. I thought that was a pretty fair deal. They've got plenty of pictures of other colors they've done on their website.

Even though it's pink, a G19 is still all business. Having a bad guy get shot by a pink gun just adds insult to injury, literally.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Nice, I just got my wife an OSH holster in pink kydex with tactical fuzz, had to special order it and I think they may have sent me the wrong model, it looks like they sent me a g19 holster not a g26 holster, still waiting to hear back from them. Aside from the possible mix up the holster is stellar.

EDIT: Yep, they sent me the wrong holster, offered to pay to have it sent back and shaved down but the wife decided that she liked having the option to get a larger glock and keep the same holster, so she's going with it.

Last edited:

Hoosier Gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    NE

Same here. My favorite color is not pink. But, the other day at a show my hubby says ooh look a pink gun! As I was walking toward a table. I turned and walked away and said, now I can't look at it because you had to act like I'd only want a gun if it's pink. ;) I find other aspects of a gun "purdy" - generally it has nothing to do with the color.

Top Bottom